Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Yet more Evolutionist censorship ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet more Evolutionist censorship ...

I recently wrote about the fact that liars cannot afford to have both sides of an issue heard because that would expose them and their lies. That could have serious consequences for them, even prison (think Bill and Hillary Clinton).

The latest example of this is Dr. Jerry Bergman's book Evolution's Blunders, Frauds and Forgeries. This book has sold / is selling very well. Amazon carried it for a while and then suddenly they began listing the book as "unavailable" (which is a lie).

Here are Dr. Bergman's own words:

"The latest from Creation Ministries International. Amazon sold 96 copies of my book ... in (just) a couple of weeks, and reordered it ... but it has now been close to 3 months it has been listed as "unavailable", which is not true. CMI is very frustrated and has been in constant touch with them and each time they "read from a script." CMI and others feel it may have been censored. You can buy it from CMI and ICR at the same price offered on Amazon, and it looks like that is your only choice. It seems that Amazon will not carry it, ever. It appears to me that someone at Amazon is blocking it based purely on the basis of the title. So far 6 reviews are up, all 5 star."

As I've stated, censorship of the truth is one of the tools of liars and dishonest people. Where you find censorship of scholarly works you will invariably find liars and criminals. Yes, Dr. Bergman's book is a scholarly work filled with references/sources for anyone to verify what is being stated.

Jorge

Looks like has been zapped by the Discordians' Orbital Mind Control Lasers.

Nothing else could possibly explain why he thinks
    - not stocking a book is censorship
    - 96 copies is "sellinhis is g very well"
    - Jerry 'Marx-read-Darwin-before-it-was-published' 'Carbon-12-is-irreducibly-complex' Bergman is scholarly or truthful
    - Amazon is controlled by "Evolutionists".

This is a classic example of how the New World Order contrive to make their opponents appear to be ineffectual incompetent idiots.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      Looks like has been zapped by the Discordians' Orbital Mind Control Lasers.

Nothing else could possibly explain why he thinks
      - not stocking a book is censorship
      - 96 copies is "sellinhis is g very well"
      - Jerry 'Marx-read-Darwin-before-it-was-published' 'Carbon-12-is-irreducibly-complex' Bergman is scholarly or truthful
      - Amazon is controlled by "Evolutionists".

This is a classic example of how the New World Order contrive to make their opponents appear to be ineffectual incompetent idiots.
      Not to mention that anyone can create an Amazon account, and sell things themselves. So if the author wants to sell these books on Amazon, as far as I know they can. Amazon is probably simply not stocking the books themselves because they aren't selling.

Also - if the author gets the book rendered as an eBook and audio book, Amazon will probably sell it every day of the week because it occupies no shelf space.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
        Not to mention that anyone can create an Amazon account, and sell things themselves. So if the author wants to sell these books on Amazon, as far as I know they can. Amazon is probably simply not stocking the books themselves because they aren't selling.

Also - if the author gets the book rendered as an eBook and audio book, Amazon will probably sell it every day of the week because it occupies no shelf space.
        And the little detail that they sell dozens and dozens of YEC and ID books -- including some others by Bergman[1] -- makes any cries of censorship look a bit daft.

1 An example. And another. And yet another.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post

Clearly you haven't a clue of what you are speaking about. Censorship is rampant, almost at Russian KGB levels.

To wit: in another area (political-economic) I have many contacts in the alt-media community that have had their YouTube videos deleted and their sites/accounts demonetized and/or terminated merely because they spoke TRUTHS (verifiable truths!) about the present Fascist regime in the USA. Comrade Stalin can't have the truth about himself being spread, you know.

But as I said, you appear to be totally clueless of these matters.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
            Clearly you haven't a clue of what you are speaking about. Censorship is rampant, almost at Russian KGB levels.

To wit: in another area (political-economic) I have many contacts in the alt-media community that have had their YouTube videos deleted and their sites/accounts demonetized and/or terminated merely because they spoke TRUTHS (verifiable truths!) about the present Fascist regime in the USA. Comrade Stalin can't have the truth about himself being spread, you know.

Jorge
            Verifyable truths?

Like Area 51 and little aliens?

Like 911 was a fabrication of a vast government conspiracy who blew up the twin towers 'cause there is no way a 767 fully fueled and flying straight into a tower at 400+ miles per hour and the ensuing hours of aviation jet fuel activated fire could make it fall down ...

etc.

etc.

etc.

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Yep Jorge, I'm sure they were kicked off for speaking 'verifyable truths'. And I'm sure you are would be THE FELLOW qualified to report those events with full objectivity.

Jim
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-20-2018, 08:08 AM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And clearly exhibited the moment YECs gain any sort of control anywhere:
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Interestingly I posted how YECs engage in the behavior that you condemn ("expelling" those who disagree) and like the hypocrite that you are you agreed with their actions saying those who didn't like it should just go elsewhere.
              In the case of DeGeorge and Barnett at Bryan College in Dayton, Tennessee[1], they had conformed to their guidelines (i.e., they are indeed creationists) but this past May a new declaration of faith was issued. As a result the two tenured professors were terminated, nearly a full quarter of the faculty quit instead of signing and a letter of protest was signed by 700 of the nearly 1250 students (including the student body president) there.

There has been an outbreak of similar cases in recent years. In 2012 Cedarville University near Dayton Ohio[2] dismissed Michael Pahl, widely viewed as an outstanding scholar, who wrote a book ("The Beginning and The End: Rereading Genesis’s Stories and Revelation’s Visions") that administrators viewed as contrary to creationist views in spite of the fact that he fully agrees with the literal six-day creation view and a historical Adam and Eve (and two of Dr. Pahl's colleagues in the Bible department used the book in question as a required text in their own classes). The school even stated that "Dr. Pahl’s orthodoxy and commitment to the gospel are not in question, nor is his commitment to Scripture’s inspiration, authority and infallibility."

Yet he was still relieved of his teaching duties and CU refuses to disclose exactly what Pahl wrote that got him fired. Some YECs have stated it was because his statement that "the biblical creation stories in Genesis 1-2 is not to answer modern questions about exactly when or precisely how all things came about" are the cause. So it appears that YECs are beginning to eat their own if they suspect they aren't pure enough.

In 2011 Calvin College experienced similar debate when its board of trustees investigated tenured professors of religion Daniel Harlow and John Schneider after they published controversial articles that questioned the existence of a historical Adam despite the fact that their deans and provost had approved plans to publish their work.

And we can go further. Like what happened to Bruce Waltke, a preeminent Old Testament scholar, who in 2010 was pressured into resigning his professorship at the Reformed Theological Seminary because he had the temerity to say that he thought that evolution and Christianity were compatible.

Or to Richard Colling at Olivet Nazarene University in Illinois, who wrote a Theistic Evolutionist (TE) book after which he was summarily prohibited from teaching the general biology class, a version of which he had taught for 16 years[3]

Or to Nancey Murphy, an ordained minister in the Church of the Brethren and a Professor of Christian Philosophy at the Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California, where the "Father of Intelligent Design" Phillip Johnson is a trustee and appears to be trying to get her fired for daring to criticize his book "Darwin on Trial"?[4]

Or even to prominent ID proponent William Dembski at the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary when he wrote that a Christian can reconcile an old Earth creationist view with a literal reading of Adam and Eve and that Noah's Flood was likely a local event rather than global in nature[5]

Actually none of this is anything new, whenever they get into power YECs have been purging or "Expelling" those who don't agree with them for years (they've just increased the pace).

Back in 1973 John C. Whitcomb (co-author with Henry Morris of "The Genesis Flood") had Dan E. Wonderly, a conservative OEC removed from his position as a teacher at Grace College (where Whitcomb exercised a great deal of influence) for having the temerity to disagree with the YEC position concerning Noah's Flood specifically regarding "Flood Geology."

And how the Geoscience Research Institute (a Seventh-Day Adventist creationist think tank) fired the geologists on staff when they concluded that flood geology was a farce (“desperately weak and improbable,” according to one with actual geological training).

And it hasn't just been teachers/professors

A few years ago the Director of Science in the curriculum division of the Texas Education Agency (TEA) for nine years, Christine Comer, was "Expelled" by YECs when they gained control.

Lizzette Reynolds demanded that Comer be fired because she had forwarded an email announcing a lecture being given by Barbara Forrest (who served as an expert witness in the Kitzmiller v. Dover trial and is an author of an unflattering book on the Intelligent Design movement) adding "FYI" to it. Reynolds called the email "highly inappropriate" and "an offense that calls for termination or, at the very least, reassignment of responsibilities." Shortly after sending the email, Comer was placed on administrative leave. Monica Martinez, another YEC official cited the email in a memo recommending her termination.

Many believe her firing is actually in retaliation for the role Comer played in 2003 in blocking an effort to purchase biology textbooks that supported intelligent design and that creationists wanted her removed prior to the next vote on the textbooks.

1. Named after anti-evolution crusader William Jennings Bryan, the prosecutor of the Scopes Trial of 1925 and long a hot bed for creationist thought

2. Note that this is the same "institute of higher learning" that cut the staff of their philosophy department and eliminated philosophy and physics majors after a philosophy faculty member wrote an op-ed for the campus newspaper on “Why I am Not Voting for Romney.”

3. The university’s president John Bowling also banned professors from assigning his book claiming that he banned it in order to "get the bull's-eye off Colling and let the storm die down." Yeah, he did it for his own good.

4. Johnson readily admits that he called another trustee to discuss her but denies any responsibility for actions taken against her (purely coincidental I'm sure). Murphy isn't buying it. In an article in the “Washington Post” she said, "His tactic has always been to fight dirty when anyone attacks his ideas. For a long time afterward, I would tell reporters I don't want to comment, and I don't want you to say I don't want to comment. I'm tired of being careful."

5. Dembski was forced to recant after Southwestern Seminary president Paige Patterson (a YEC) informed him that he was facing dismissal.

Jorge

So, Jorge. If Bergman is being censored by Amazon as you and he proclaim, can you please be so good as to explain why they then sell dozens upon dozens of YEC and ID books -- including some others by Bergman[1]?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Clearly not, since Bergman is not eking out a precarious survival in some Arctic gulag. Nor has his image been removed from photographs.
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Interesting bio he has there.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Interesting bio he has there.
                    That was among the first three that I ran across although if I had simply clicked on his name where the author is identified it'll take you to his Amazon page and a list of his books that are available there. I counted 11 books (not counting 1 that's also available in kindle) with seven of them obviously dealing with evolution.

Amazon certainly sucks at censorship.

Comment

That was among the first three that I ran across although if I had simply clicked on his name where the author is identified it'll take you to his Amazon page and a list of his books that are available there. I counted 11 books (not counting 1 that's also available in kindle) with seven of them obviously dealing with evolution.

Amazon certainly sucks at censorship.
                      I don't know that I've ever seen such a transparent attempt to burnish one's credentials, even if bragging about selling 80,000 books is decidedly odd.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I don't know that I've ever seen such a transparent attempt to burnish one's credentials, even if bragging about selling 80,000 books is decidedly odd.
                        His PhD is real, which suggests an even more transparent attempt is readily available.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                          His PhD is real, which suggests an even more transparent attempt is readily available.
                          The PhD is merely one attempt at burnishing. Jerry goes into how many degrees he has, how many groups he's talked to, how many libraries have at least a chapter of something he's written.....

sigpic

Comment

The PhD is merely one attempt at burnishing. Jerry goes into how many degrees he has, how many groups he's talked to, how many libraries have at least a chapter of something he's written.....
                            Even at losing, Jorge can't win.

Comment

Jorge
                              Apparently...
                              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment