Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

War with Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War with Russia

Maybe Trump thinks that tough tweet talk with Putin will help him at home—lest anyone suspect he’s buddies with Russia. Does anyone think his tweets warning Russia of imminent bombing is helpful at all? To me, it seems reckless and at odds with his previous statements about Russia and the importance of being a good statesman. Remember when he justified his congratulatory call to Putin for winning a rigged election?

Originally posted by whag View Post
    Maybe Trump thinks that tough tweet talk with Putin will help him at home—lest anyone suspect he’s buddies with Russia. Does anyone think his tweets warning Russia of imminent bombing is helpful at all? To me, it seems reckless and at odds with his previous statements about Russia and the importance of being a good statesman. Remember when he justified his congratulatory call to Putin for winning a rigged election?
    To me, it seems that you're incapable of viewing Trump except through the lens of "He colluded with Russia!!!1!!!1!1!!!1!1!!1!!!!1"

Somewhere, Putin is smiling.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      To me, it seems that you're incapable of viewing Trump except through the lens of "He colluded with Russia!!!1!!!1!1!!!1!1!!1!!!!1"
      And we don't need no steekin' evidence either.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Somewhere, Putin is smiling.
        It’s hard not to, given the story Makes headlines thanks to Trump’s stupid actions (e.g., firing Comey) and exhaustive whining about an investigation he must know would exonerate him if he’s truly in the clear. That makes sense, right? POTUS would have done better to keep his trap shut, but he stupidly didn’t listen to any of his advisors on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          And we don't need no steekin' evidence either.
          Actually, they do. 22 indictments worth. If Trump knows he’ll be exonerated, there’s no reason to whine about it. Just savor the victory of being cleared of all charges without disgracing yourself with embarasing protest-too-much tweets.

Say what you will about Obama, he never whined about the conservative media maligning him for resting his feet on the Oval Office desk, like every president before him. He just let it go.

Comment

Actually, they do. 22 indictments worth. If Trump knows he’ll be exonerated, there’s no reason to whine about it. Just savor the victory of being cleared of all charges without disgracing yourself with embarasing protest-too-much tweets.
            Those regard attempts to influence, not attempts at collusion. Thanks for proving my point.
            Say what you will about Obama, he never whined about the conservative media maligning him for resting his feet on the Oval Office desk, like every president before him. He just let it go.
            That you had to resort to something so picayune is interesting. Say what you will about Trump, at least he hasn't used the FBI to prosecute journalists who had the temerity to say bad things about him.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Those regard attempts to influence, not attempts at collusion. Thanks for proving my point.

That you had to resort to something so picayune is interesting. Say what you will about Trump, at least he hasn't used the FBI to prosecute journalists who had the temerity to say bad things about him.
              I can’t find anything about Obama prosecuting journalists who said bad things about him. Can you list the journalists who were prosecuted for criticizing him? You don’t seem to know that whole story.

Speaking of petty, is there anything more childish than getting into flame wars about the size of one’s penis? I’d wager, if you were Trump’s advisor, to advise him to avoid discussion of that. I think Trump bests Obama in pettiness by far in tweets alone.

Comment

So much disdain in so little commentary.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  So much disdain in so little commentary.
                  I kept it concise as a courtesy to your attention deficit.

Comment

Maybe Trump thinks .............
                    Trump tweets, but as far as I can tell, no thinking is involved. No doubt he takes a lot more care when breaking wind.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      Trump tweets, but as far as I can tell, no thinking is involved. No doubt he takes a lot more care when breaking wind.
                      Not surprising at his age...

Comment

I kept it concise as a courtesy to your attention deficit.
                        Bless your heart.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I can’t find anything about Obama prosecuting journalists who said bad things about him. Can you list the journalists who were prosecuted for criticizing him? You don’t seem to know that whole story.
                          Enlighten us: What IS the "whole story" about James Rosen and his parents, and about the suspicious stuff Sharyl Atkisson found on her computer?
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                            Enlighten us: What IS the "whole story" about James Rosen and his parents, and about the suspicious stuff Sharyl Atkisson found on her computer?
                            OBP said Obama prosecuted journalists because they said bad things about him. That isn’t true, so OPB lied or didn’t know the story.

Comment

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post514904

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment