Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Honey bees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honey bees

I went into winter with 5 healthy colonies of bees. Yesterday two of my mentees from the last couple seasons came over to take a look at my remaining hives (since I am not yet able to get out there to check) and the new came back good. All five have come through strong. One of these is a third year survivor, one a second year survivor and two lead by new queens, Happy days.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Good to know!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yay. we want you to bee happy too.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        Yay. we want you to bee happy too.
        That's what all the buzz is about, anyway.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

And potentially sticky.

Comment

That's awesome, happy for you.

Comment

I'm feeding the bees!

I won't keep hives (I have enough things I never get done, thanks) but I do look out for them a little. I read that clover was their early source of food as they wake up from winter. My yard is clover central because I haven't had it mown yet. Wild flowers everywhere.

It'll get mown next week - but the rest of the flowers have started to bloom and the clover will be fading anyway.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

I'm feeding the bees!

I won't keep hives (I have enough things I never get done, thanks) but I do look out for them a little. I read that clover was their early source of food as they wake up from winter. My yard is clover central because I haven't had it mown yet. Wild flowers everywhere.

It'll get mown next week - but the rest of the flowers have started to bloom and the clover will be fading anyway.
                  My yard this morning....

2018-04-12 08.40.01.jpg

The bees told me they love the bluebonnets.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    My yard this morning....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27342[/ATTACH]

The bees told me they love the bluebonnets.
                    I thought you moved to the suburbs. Does that mean something else in Texas?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I thought you moved to the suburbs. Does that mean something else in Texas?
                      I lived in a rent house "in town" while we were building our home in the country. Lived in "fort tiny" for about 18 months while we bought land, designed and built our home, and moved back outside the city limits.

Comment

I lived in a rent house "in town" while we were building our home in the country. Lived in "fort tiny" for about 18 months while we bought land, designed and built our home, and moved back outside the city limits.
                        I thought you were going to downsize and that is why you were getting rid of your cattle? Your new house looks yuuuuge. and you seem to have a lot of land. What the heck did you have before? a state?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          I thought you were going to downsize and that is why you were getting rid of your cattle? Your new house looks yuuuuge. and you seem to have a lot of land. What the heck did you have before? a state?
                          Laughing - that pasture beyond my fence is not mine - I have slightly less than 2 acres.

Comment

Laughing - that pasture beyond my fence is not mine - I have slightly less than 2 acres.
                            Must be all that White Cowboy Privilege. Us poor city folk have to make due with a 1400 Sq. Ft. home and 1/8 of an acre.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              1/8 of an acre ...
                              ... is 605 square yarrds.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X