Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Honey bees

  1. #21
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,084
    Amen (Given)
    214
    Amen (Received)
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    My yard this morning.

    Attachment 27349

    The bees told me they wonder what happened to spring......
    At the bottom of the picture ... Is that an electrified bird bath with a dead fish in it?

    Otherwise, great picture. Brrr

  2. #22
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    17,713
    Amen (Given)
    13095
    Amen (Received)
    7732
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    At the bottom of the picture ... Is that an electrified bird bath with a dead fish in it?

    Otherwise, great picture. Brrr
    It is a birdbath with a trough/bucket heater I got from the local farm store. What you are seeing as "fish" is the element.

    We have it on a timer so it heats from about 8 AM to 2 PM all winter. I have SO many birds all winter long, it's great.

    And, thanks. Brrrrr is right.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  3. #23
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,084
    Amen (Given)
    214
    Amen (Received)
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    It is a birdbath with a trough/bucket heater I got from the local farm store. What you are seeing as "fish" is the element.

    We have it on a timer so it heats from about 8 AM to 2 PM all winter. I have SO many birds all winter long, it's great.

    And, thanks. Brrrrr is right.
    great. lucky cats ... umm ... birds. you are so kind to give them a warm place to bathe.

  4. #24
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    17,713
    Amen (Given)
    13095
    Amen (Received)
    7732
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    great. lucky cats ... umm ... birds. you are so kind to give them a warm place to bathe.

    Not many cats out in the winter around here.

    And I am fond of the birds and enjoy them very much. And the water isn't so much for them to bathe as to have something to drink. Although they do take advantage of the bath, as well. Birds need water in the winter, too!


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  5. #25
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    40,692
    Amen (Given)
    3797
    Amen (Received)
    18788
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    My yard this morning.

    Attachment 27349

    The bees told me they wonder what happened to spring......
    I love how Canadian thermometers have Zero in the middle.

  6. #26
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    17,713
    Amen (Given)
    13095
    Amen (Received)
    7732
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I love how Canadian thermometers have Zero in the middle.

    That's the freezing point.



    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  7. #27
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    40,692
    Amen (Given)
    3797
    Amen (Received)
    18788
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    That's the freezing point.

    It just shows how cold it gets up there. Plus it looks funny

    AC138506l.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •