Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Roland Warren dismantles the claim that men shouldn't be pro-life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Warren dismantles the claim that men shouldn't be pro-life

It's a terrible argument but it's not going away. Here's one of the best rebuttals I've seen:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/17/...bout-abortion/
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

That was a very good rebuttal. I especially liked when he said.
    "Rather, we give an equal say and even encourage the voices of those who are affected, even if only indirectly. Indeed, a stay-at-home mom is affected by tax policy, so she has an equal right and is encouraged to vote. Our nations gun laws affect the safety of the communities where the non-gun owners live and raise their children, so they must have an equal say in the laws that are enacted. The moral stain and injustice of slavery affected those in the North, so they had agency and an obligation to fight a bloody war to eliminate it. The laws that were passed in this nation affected women’s rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, so it was an injustice to deny them the right to vote."

Accordingly, when an unborn child is killed in the womb, especially if it is his child, it deeply affects a man. So, doesn’t it make sense for him to have a say, too?

Of course, I think anytime someone is being murdered, it is everyone's duty to get involved.

Comment

Good article.

My other favorite is 'are you going to adopt all those kids?' - Does this mean I shouldn't oppose you being murdered simply because I don't support you financially?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        It's a terrible argument but it's not going away. Here's one of the best rebuttals I've seen:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/17/...bout-abortion/
        If a man can, according to these turkeys, be pro abortion legitimately there is no rational reason that his say in the anti abortion direction is not equally valid.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X