Thread: Roland Warren dismantles the claim that men shouldn't be pro-life

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Roland Warren dismantles the claim that men shouldn't be pro-life

It's a terrible argument but it's not going away. Here's one of the best rebuttals I've seen:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/17/...bout-abortion/
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?”
    For it is not wise to ask such questions. - Ecclesiastes 7:10

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That was a very good rebuttal. I especially liked when he said.
    "Rather, we give an equal say and even encourage the voices of those who are affected, even if only indirectly. Indeed, a stay-at-home mom is affected by tax policy, so she has an equal right and is encouraged to vote. Our nations gun laws affect the safety of the communities where the non-gun owners live and raise their children, so they must have an equal say in the laws that are enacted. The moral stain and injustice of slavery affected those in the North, so they had agency and an obligation to fight a bloody war to eliminate it. The laws that were passed in this nation affected women’s rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, so it was an injustice to deny them the right to vote."

Accordingly, when an unborn child is killed in the womb, especially if it is his child, it deeply affects a man. So, doesn’t it make sense for him to have a say, too?

Of course, I think anytime someone is being murdered, it is everyone's duty to get involved.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Good article.

My other favorite is 'are you going to adopt all those kids?' - Does this mean I shouldn't oppose you being murdered simply because I don't support you financially?

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    It's a terrible argument but it's not going away. Here's one of the best rebuttals I've seen:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/17/...bout-abortion/
    If a man can, according to these turkeys, be pro abortion legitimately there is no rational reason that his say in the anti abortion direction is not equally valid.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?