Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Who's coming to rescue you- reading edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's coming to rescue you- reading edition

Well, I don't want to bring back the old thread about tv show characters rescuing you, so a character in the last story you read is coming to rescue you from the bad guys!

Wait... last thing you read...

Could I just go read the Bible real quick?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Fiction? Carrot Ironfoundersson.

Non-fiction? Elder Sophrony (technically the last thing I read, since I'm currently reading it).
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Nicholas Seafort
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Repairman Jack.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Fiction - Ito Kaiji. The ultimate gambler.
          Reality- David son of Jesse king of isreal.
          sigpic

Comment

Jesus gave his life for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't remember the last time I read fiction. Maybe Lord of the Rings a few years ago.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Jesus gave his life for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live.
                That is why I would read the Gospels real quick! Because Jesus makes every powerful entity look as helpless as an embryo by comparison! Of course I would want God to rescue me! Or I could read Genesis 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  That is why I would read the Gospels real quick!
                  I like to read them slowly, and allow stuff to sink in.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I meant for the purpose of this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      I meant for the purpose of this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        No one wants to play. Everyone wants to argue about foolish human politics that won't matter in a trillion years!

Comment

Ben Adaephon Delat (fiction)
                          Fr. John McGuckin (non-fiction)
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I great, I just read a Berenstiain Bear book....

Comment

I've been slowly working through a non-fiction book called Fool's Gold? edited by John MacArthur and I'm nearly through the first four chapters written by him, Phil Johnson and Nathan Busenitz. So apparently those three guys are coming to my rescue.
                              Last edited by The Melody Maker; 07-02-2020, 06:30 PM.
                              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment