Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do you defend Trump's infidelity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    So...to illustrate how conservatives defend Trump "at every turn," you quote a post in which MM condemns Trump for immoral conduct?
    "And the accussations against Trump of sexual abuse and rape, really did fall apart under scrutiny."

"Of course defending the President against overblown accusations in one case, and outright lies in the other, is not the same as defending his moral failings."

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
      So you didn't defend Trump's behaviour, but you did excuse it.
      How is it excusing Trump's behavior to acknowledge that it was immoral?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        That's one word, not two.
        who said anything about "one word"?

Comment

• My emphasis:
          Originally posted by Mountain Man
          I don't think anybody defended Trump's "locker-room talk"; we've simply pointed out the fact that while it was immoral, it wasn't illegal.
          Originally posted by Mountain Man
          How is it excusing Trump's behavior to acknowledge that it was immoral?
          I'll just file that under lying by omission.
          Last edited by Roy; 04-16-2018, 12:24 PM.
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            who said anything about "one word"?
            I did.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My emphasis:I'll just file that under lying by omission.
              If Trump (note the hypothetical) were falsely accused of something illegal, but which was immoral under a Christian worldview, it would not be excusing his immoral behavior to note that, while it's immoral, it's not illegal (hence "false accusation").
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

My emphasis:I'll just file that under lying by omission.
                I'm not sure what you think the lie was. Are you claiming that Trump's "locker-room talk" was, in fact, illegal? What law did he break?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  I'm not sure what you think the lie was. Are you claiming that Trump's "locker-room talk" was, in fact, illegal? What law did he break?
                  No one said anything about illegality MM, that's just one of the excuses you've come up with in your defense of him.

Comment

If Trump (note the hypothetical) were falsely accused of something illegal, but which was immoral under a Christian worldview, it would not be excusing his immoral behavior to note that, while it's immoral, it's not illegal (hence "false accusation").
                    Yes, actually it would be excusing his immoral behavior, since whether it were illegal or not has nothing to do with the Christian worldview.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Yes, actually it would be excusing his immoral behavior, since whether it were illegal or not has nothing to do with the Christian worldview.
                      If he doesn't believe Trump did anything illegal, he is not necessarily excusing the behavior by arguing in accordance with that (which may be mistaken).
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        No one said anything about illegality MM, that's just one of the excuses you've come up with in your defense of him.
                        Acknowledging that his behavior was immoral isn't much of a defense, dumbass.

Comment

So...to illustrate how conservatives defend Trump "at every turn," you quote a post in which MM condemns Trump for immoral conduct?
                          In Jim's world, it seems that unless you agree Trump is Hitler, you're "defending" him.

Once you know what filter he's using, it all makes sense.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            In Jim's world, it seems that unless you agree Trump is Hitler, you're "defending" him.

Once you know what filter he's using, it all makes sense.
                            And yet he wants Trump, er Hitler, to take away our guns

Comment

Not in my thread, please.

In all seriousness, if you're going to act this sneeringly superior (as seems to happen often with you), go elsewhere.
                              In all seriousness, your only problem with sneering superiority is that I'm better at it:

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I wonder if any liberals will tell us that it's only sex and therefore nobody's business
                              Originally posted by whag View Post
                              I wonder how many conservatives will tell us the same thing.
                              Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Only if the poll said "Bill Clinton's Infidelity"
                              Fascinating that the only one who is willing to defend Trump's infidelity is the only liberal to have voted so far.
                              Next thing we know you'll be assuming gender.
                              Originally posted by whag View Post
                              Fascinating that you consider such a small sampling fascinating.
                              It's not principle when it's only applied to your own advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                I'm wondering what in the world this has to do with my post, actually. The stonewalling/obfuscation have to do with the purported reason for the attack. I'm gobsmacked how you could possibly miss that.
                                Because "no idea what she's covering up, but sure she must be, doesn't cut it."

Lose the handwave.

What purported reason for the attack, and what real reason, because if you're just repeating the endless and recklessly contrafactual right-wing fringe refrain that HRC was responsible for the CIA talking points about the instigation of the video, later confirmed by in-depth, months-long, in-country investigative reporting by the Times linked in my post upthread, there's a lot of good books I haven't read yet.

The collapse of Libya into anarchy is all on Obama, aided and abetted by HRC. The "Arab Spring" has been a disaster all around.
                                The Libyan campaign was mostly France, and then the EU, and lastly — remember the whole "leading from behind" thing — the Obama administration.

On the other hand, the Arab spring was indeed a disaster in Libya and Egypt, though it's worked out pretty well in its Tunisian birthplace.

Comment