Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do you defend Trump's infidelity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
    Let's not pretend you're interested in unbiased journalism.

Or facts.

Cohen is a columnist, not a journalist. Neither am I a liberal, nor, in case it needs expanding, have I ever been a Democrat. What I am is a non-partisan displaced conservative, and in the wake of the Trump takeover of the Republican party, I've got plenty of company.

Breitbart et al.'s attacks on the mainstream media are distasteful, but to be expected, because when you can't defend your own work, there aren't a lot of other options.

And so long as you're using them as a source, you're in a poor position to engage in media criticism. Because parroting lies, even if they're not your own, makes you a liar, too, and their lack of credibility becomes yours as well.
    Not in my thread, please.

In all seriousness, if you're going to act this sneeringly superior (as seems to happen often with you), go elsewhere.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I did not vote for Trump so I have nothing to defend.
      I didn't vote for Trump either...I just decided I'd make my own little "Trump condemnation" thread and see if any of the conservatives would join in.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        I didn't vote for Trump either...I just decided I'd make my own little "Trump condemnation" thread and see if any of the conservatives would join in.
        You probably voted for Hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          so far not one liberal has voted no. I think they are afraid to vote.
          What do you think I am, conervative? I think the that liberals undersrtand that the OP was just to give conservatives the oportunity to say that they "don't support Trumps Infidelity." Ya know, even though they are always defending him, like, oh theres no evidence, the women are all lying, it was just locker talk, what about Clinton, etc etc. We liberals know that you couldn't really care any less. If that were Obama, you'd be tearing him apart, not defending him.

Comment

I don't think anybody defended Trump's "locker-room talk"; we've simply pointed out the fact that while it was immoral, it wasn't illegal. We also pointed out the hypocrisy of those who condemned Trump for what he said while giving a pass to Bill Clinton for what he did, and to Hillary who enabled her sexual predator husband and destroyed the lives of his victims. And the accusations against Trump of sexual abuse and rape really did fall apart under scrutiny.

Of course defending the President against overblown accusations in one case, and outright lies in the other, is not the same as defending his moral failings.
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 04-16-2018, 11:39 AM.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              What do you think I am, conervative?
              I missed you. I tend to overlook you because of your complete unimportance to anything relevant.

Comment

Maybe if I get bored I'll make a mega-post with quotes of conservatives on here condemning Trump for one thing or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I missed you.
                  You missed me, Oh thats sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I don't think anybody defended Trump's "locker-room talk"; we've simply pointed out the fact that while it was immoral, it wasn't illegal. We also pointed out the hypocrisy of those who condemned Trump for what he said while giving a pass to Bill Clinton for what he did, and to Hillary who enabled her sexual predator husband and destroyed the lives of his victims. And the accusations against Trump of sexual abuse and rape really did fall apart under scrutiny.

Of course defending the President against overblown accusations in one case, and outright lies in the other, is not the same as defending his moral failings.
                    Case in point.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Case in point.
                      So...to illustrate how conservatives defend Trump "at every turn," you quote a post in which MM condemns Trump for immoral conduct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        So...to illustrate how conservatives defend Trump "at every turn," you quote a post in which MM condemns Trump for immoral conduct?
                        I guess Jimmy missed the part where I said that Trump has moral failings.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          I don't think anybody defended Trump's "locker-room talk"; we've simply pointed out the fact that while it was immoral, it wasn't illegal.
                          So you didn't defend Trump's behaviour, but you did excuse it.
                          We also pointed out the hypocrisy of those who condemned Trump for what he said while giving a pass to Bill Clinton for what he did
                          That would have been more impressive if it was written the other way around.
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Trump is a yankee.

There, I said it!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Trump is a yankee.

There, I said it!
                              There ain't no worser insult you can make about a man. Exceptin maybe "DAMN Yankee"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                There ain't no worser insult you can make about a man. Exceptin maybe "DAMN Yankee"
                                That's one word, not two.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment