Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do you defend Trump's infidelity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you defend Trump's infidelity?

Please vote. Feel free to explain your vote, if necessary.
    Yes
    3.03%
    No
    96.97%
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

I wonder if any liberals will tell us that it's only sex and therefore nobody's business

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I wonder if any liberals will tell us that it's only sex and therefore nobody's business
      I wonder how many conservatives will tell us the same thing. I wonder if they ponder the contrast of their views to their views in 1998.

Polarity of ideology tends to sully everyone’s logic at some point. It’s part of being a tribal species. Don’t think you’re so immune.

Comment

Only if the poll said "Bill Clinton's Infidelity"

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
          I wonder how many conservatives will tell us the same thing. I wonder if they ponder the contrast of their views to their views in 1998.

Polarity of ideology tends to sully everyone’s logic at some point. It’s part of being a tribal species. Don’t think you’re so immune.
          So far the vote is 100% "no" - all conservatives.

Where is your vote?

Comment

No Christian conservatives I know of defend Trump’s infidelity. They’re drawing comparison with King David at most.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ible-christian

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              So far the vote is 100% "no" - all conservatives.

Where is your vote?
              Yes. The pressures of his life permit him to seek affection with other female company. King David didn’t just have one woman but had relationships with several women.

Comment

Yes. The pressures of his life permit him to seek affection with other female company. King David didn’t just have one woman but had relationships with several women.
                And David was punished by God for it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  And David was punished by God for it too.
                  David was punished by God for having multiple wives? I think he was punished for Bathsheba because that was adultery plus murder. I think the Bible indicates that God sanctioned David’s having sexual relations with his various wives and concubines.

Comment

On second thought, I'd like to expand this thread's scope: please, comment on Trump's character in general. Do you condemn anything other than his infidelity?

Comment

Fascinating that the only one who is willing to defend Trump's infidelity is the only liberal to have voted so far.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

David was punished by God for having multiple wives? I think he was punished for Bathsheba because that was adultery plus murder. I think the Bible indicates that God sanctioned David’s having sexual relations with his various wives and concubines.
                        Laws Concerning Israel's Kings

Deut 17:15 Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the Lord thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother.
                        16 But he shall not multiply horses to himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt, to the end that he should multiply horses: forasmuch as the Lord hath said unto you, Ye shall henceforth return no more that way.
                        17 Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold. (KJV)

God never intended for men to have multiple wives. He did put up with them doing it though, but nothing good ever came of it. David's own children turned against him and each other. David's reign was plagued with trouble because of his many wives. And Solomon was even worse.

So I guess the lesson is that while Trump can still be president, his infidelity is not approved, nor will any good come from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          On second thought, I'd like to expand this thread's scope: please, comment on Trump's character in general. Do you condemn anything other than his infidelity?
                          His narcissism, his hair, his inability to just hire someone and keep them, his manner of speaking.

ETA: and his abuse of twitter

Comment

Fascinating that the only one who is willing to defend Trump's infidelity is the only liberal to have voted so far.
                            I think he just doesn't want to be associated with us.

Comment

If the Founders had been able to see into the future and watch firsthand Trump's use of Twitter, I think they may have added a clause with respect to impeachment.

Comment