Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.04.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.04.13

Glory Seed Devotional’s 2018 Experiencing Jesus, the Prelude to Life
    Discovering the knowable God…
    Shalom!

You are God’s greatest masterpiece!

“And we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and the one who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.” (1 John 4:16) “Lord, you are my portion and my cup of blessing; you hold my future. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.” (Psalm 16:5–6)

LORD You are OUR portion and OUR cup of Blessing; You hold OUR future. The boundary lines have fallen for US in pleasant places indeed, WE have a beautiful inheritance.” Paul writing to the Ephesians identified the “beautiful inheritance.” “He made known to us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure that he purposed in Christ as a plan for the right time—to bring everything together in Christ, both things in heaven and things on earth in him. In him we have also received an inheritance, because we were predestined according to the plan of the one who works out everything in agreement with the purpose of his will,” (Ephesians 1:9–11)

“In Him we have also received an inheritance…” Is Paul saying Jesus is our inheritance or his he saying within Jesus’ legacy lies our inheritance? My first thought was Jesus was our inheritance, however the verse reads “In Him…” So then if our inheritance is in Jesus’ legacy what do you suppose it is? In seeking an answer we’ll find ourselves “up to our neck” in the “heart” of God. If we were prioritize our list of answers at or near the top would be this, “For God loved the world in this way: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” (John 3:16–17)

It doesn’t take a “rocket scientist” to figure out that Jesus is telling us God Loves us so much He wants us to spend eternity living with Him that He “pulled out all the stops” by sending Jesus to see that we receive our inheritance at the right time. A few verses later Paul tells us the Holy Spirit is our down payment on our inheritance. In other words the Holy Spirit is supposed to not only keep us in touch with God, but also the Source whereby God Blesses us with the necessary “stuff” to see we receive the fullness of our inheritance.

God, I am Your greatest masterpiece!

“The sacrifice pleasing to God is a broken spirit. You will not despise
    a broken and humbled heart, God.” (Psalm 51:17)

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Unless otherwise stated all scripture quotations marked CSB have been taken from Christian Standard Bible, Copyright 2017 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Christian Standard Bible and CSB are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X