Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Is God Petty?

  1. #21
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,496
    Amen (Given)
    984
    Amen (Received)
    1101
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    JimL, please just stop with the strawman burning. I spent time going over this in the other thread. I have no need to defend what I believe. You are merely demonstrating what the OP says about atheists who use stupid arguments and think they are somehow "winning"
    Yes, and you were wrong then as you are now. You know, in order to be right, you actually have to make sense Sparko.
    now go away, you bother me.
    If you are bothered, then don't post. Simple.

  2. #22
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36,903
    Amen (Given)
    3309
    Amen (Received)
    17724
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, and you were wrong then as you are now. You know, in order to be right, you actually have to make sense Sparko.

    If you are bothered, then don't post. Simple.
    How can I be wrong telling you about what I believe JimL?

  3. #23
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,496
    Amen (Given)
    984
    Amen (Received)
    1101
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    How can I be wrong telling you about what I believe JimL?
    Because what you believe concerning salvation doesn't make a lick of sense, Sparko.

  4. #24
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36,903
    Amen (Given)
    3309
    Amen (Received)
    17724
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Because what you believe concerning salvation doesn't make a lick of sense, Sparko.
    1 cor 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

  5. Amen Catholicity, Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
  6. #25
    Professor Catholicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the neighbor of the yellow brick road
    Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,735
    Amen (Given)
    1095
    Amen (Received)
    1504
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Because what you believe concerning salvation doesn't make a lick of sense, Sparko.
    It doesn't matter whether or not it makes sense to you. You asked and you are getting an answer. That doesn't make someone "wrong." Whether Sparky is wrong about Christ is irrelevant. And if you think Christians are wrong then what are you doing on this forum in the first place other than trolling?
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

  7. #26
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,496
    Amen (Given)
    984
    Amen (Received)
    1101
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    1 cor 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
    Of course, what else would you expect Paul to say. Obviously people were pointing out to his flock, the foolishness of his message.

  8. #27
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    someplace in Montana
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,422
    Amen (Given)
    1185
    Amen (Received)
    3309
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, it is what you believe god does. I know how like a good christian you try to spin it, but your spin isn't fooling anyone.
    Do, please continue to tell us what we believe.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

    "Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

  9. #28
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,496
    Amen (Given)
    984
    Amen (Received)
    1101
    Quote Originally Posted by Catholicity View Post
    It doesn't matter whether or not it makes sense to you.
    Ah, it matters that it makes sense at all, and I showed that it doesn't make sense.

    You asked and you are getting an answer.
    Yeah, so what? I'm critiquing the answer as illogical, which it is.
    That doesn't make someone "wrong."
    Yeah, if it's illogical, if it doesn't comport with the nature of the god defined, then it's wrong.
    Whether Sparky is wrong about Christ is irrelevant.
    No, if Sparko is wrong about people being sent to hell because of their ignorance is not irrelevant.

    And if you think Christians are wrong then what are you doing on this forum in the first place other than trolling?
    That's what we do here Catholicity, we debate stuff? Feel free to join in the debate.

  10. #29
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,496
    Amen (Given)
    984
    Amen (Received)
    1101
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    Do, please continue to tell us what we believe.
    I didn't tell you what you believe, I told you what you believe, or at least what Sparko believes, is nonsensical.

  11. #30
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36,903
    Amen (Given)
    3309
    Amen (Received)
    17724
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Of course, what else would you expect Paul to say. Obviously people were pointing out to his flock, the foolishness of his message.
    in fact, they were. Just like you. And just like you they were wrong and perished.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •