Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Is God Petty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
    Seriously. What do you understand is the Christian claim for God providing salvation for everyone? And why do you think that is petty?

It is only those whose names are not [, that is no longer,] in the book of life that perish (Revelation 20:15).
    What I said was petty was your idea that a loving god would send his imperfect creations to hell for coming to the wrong conclusion concerning his existence. It's just dumb!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      What I said was petty was your idea that a loving god would send his imperfect creations to hell for coming to the wrong conclusion concerning his existence. It's just dumb!
      Good thing that is not what he does then.

wicker-man-burning.jpg

india-straw-burning.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        um of course God sets the rules. But the rules are based on his nature. God is perfect so any "rules" he sets is based on that perfect nature.
        Blah blah blah, Sparko. The point is that his creations, or what you believe to be his creations, are not perfect, and therefore we could, in all honesty, get things wrong, things such as believing in his existence. That would be a sin just like any other sin, which we would all be guilty of. Your idea that this one is different, that getting this one wrong sends you to hell, is ridiculous. You think you know a lot of things, you honestly believe you are correct, but for many of those things you are wrong. Do you deserve severe punishment for honestly believing what you believe while being ignorant of the true facts? I doubt you would answer yes, but thats what you're doing concerning peoples belief in god.

Comment

Good thing that is not what he does then.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27403[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27404[/ATTACH]
          Yes, it is what you believe god does. I know how like a good christian you try to spin it, but your spin isn't fooling anyone.

Comment

Yes, it is what you believe god does. I know how like a good christian you try to spin it, but your spin isn't fooling anyone.
            JimL, please just stop with the strawman burning. I spent time going over this in the other thread. I have no need to defend what I believe. You are merely demonstrating what the OP says about atheists who use stupid arguments and think they are somehow "winning"

now go away, you bother me.

Comment

JimL, please just stop with the strawman burning. I spent time going over this in the other thread. I have no need to defend what I believe. You are merely demonstrating what the OP says about atheists who use stupid arguments and think they are somehow "winning"
              Yes, and you were wrong then as you are now. You know, in order to be right, you actually have to make sense Sparko.
              now go away, you bother me.
              If you are bothered, then don't post. Simple.

Comment

Yes, and you were wrong then as you are now. You know, in order to be right, you actually have to make sense Sparko.

If you are bothered, then don't post. Simple.
                How can I be wrong telling you about what I believe JimL?

Comment

How can I be wrong telling you about what I believe JimL?
                  Because what you believe concerning salvation doesn't make a lick of sense, Sparko.

Comment

Because what you believe concerning salvation doesn't make a lick of sense, Sparko.
                    1 cor 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Comment

It doesn't matter whether or not it makes sense to you. You asked and you are getting an answer. That doesn't make someone "wrong." Whether Sparky is wrong about Christ is irrelevant. And if you think Christians are wrong then what are you doing on this forum in the first place other than trolling?
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

1 cor 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
                        Of course, what else would you expect Paul to say. Obviously people were pointing out to his flock, the foolishness of his message.

Comment

Do, please continue to tell us what we believe.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                            It doesn't matter whether or not it makes sense to you.
                            Ah, it matters that it makes sense at all, and I showed that it doesn't make sense.

You asked and you are getting an answer.
                            Yeah, so what? I'm critiquing the answer as illogical, which it is.
                            That doesn't make someone "wrong."
                            Yeah, if it's illogical, if it doesn't comport with the nature of the god defined, then it's wrong.
                            Whether Sparky is wrong about Christ is irrelevant.
                            No, if Sparko is wrong about people being sent to hell because of their ignorance is not irrelevant.

And if you think Christians are wrong then what are you doing on this forum in the first place other than trolling?
                            That's what we do here Catholicity, we debate stuff? Feel free to join in the debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              Do, please continue to tell us what we believe.
                              I didn't tell you what you believe, I told you what you believe, or at least what Sparko believes, is nonsensical.

Comment

Of course, what else would you expect Paul to say. Obviously people were pointing out to his flock, the foolishness of his message.
                                in fact, they were. Just like you. And just like you they were wrong and perished.

Comment