Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is fingerprint evidence faulty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all know Law & Order is better, but let's just cut to the chase and declare Star Trek as the best TV show ever, though a couple of the spin-offs were no good, eg, Deep Space 9 and Enterprise. The best spin-off was undoubtedly Voyager.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
      We all know Law & Order is better, but let's just cut to the chase and declare Star Trek as the best TV show ever, though a couple of the spin-offs were no good, eg, Deep Space 9 and Enterprise. The best spin-off was undoubtedly Voyager.
      Yeah, Star Trek would be NOWHERE without the pioneer LOST IN SPACE!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Let's talk about Tv shows from my time
        "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
        "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
        Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Meh, I've been rewatching Star Trek TOS, TNG and DS9, and while all three are enjoyable, I do think that TNG is better than TOS, and DS9 improves once the war with the Dominion starts.
          Voyager, I ended up missing the last two seasons of it (I was amused that Stargate: Universe was basically Voyager with stargates). I haven't seen any of Enterprise.
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Yup....While TOS will always be special to me, TNG is better. I did watch much of Voyager and DS9, not so much at all of the others.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Yeah, Star Trek would be NOWHERE without the pioneer LOST IN SPACE!
              Maybe so, but note the micro evolutionary progress from the Jupiter 2 to the Enterprise, from Robot to Data, etc, all of which suggests the macro evolutionary leap from Lost in Space to Starfleet. And, while Voyager has a similar theme, it is so much better, it's not even funny. They were all the way over in the Delta Quadrant and could still travel around for decades exploring, while Judy, Penny, and Will were mostly stuck one single planet. Now let's talk about kids on space ships. They do not belong there. Surely, you will bring up Wesley Crusher, well, I agree, that was a mistake. About the best thing that happened on Lost in Space was that Maureen Robinson somehow found her way back to earth, where she went into hiding as Dr. Janet Craig at the Shady Rest Hotel, which allowed us to continue to watch Billie Jo, Bobbie Jo, and Betty Jo. Sorry, Cerealboy.
              βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
              ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                Let's talk about Tv shows from my time
                I talk enough of Mike the Knight and Postman Pat and Kune's Kitchen with my daughters thanks
                Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                  I talk enough of Mike the Knight and Postman Pat and Kune's Kitchen with my daughters thanks
                  Don't forget Sofia the First.
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Maybe so, but note the micro evolutionary progress from the Jupiter 2 to the Enterprise, from Robot to Data, etc, all of which suggests the macro evolutionary leap from Lost in Space to Starfleet. And, while Voyager has a similar theme, it is so much better, it's not even funny. They were all the way over in the Delta Quadrant and could still travel around for decades exploring, while Judy, Penny, and Will were mostly stuck one single planet. Now let's talk about kids on space ships. They do not belong there. Surely, you will bring up Wesley Crusher, well, I agree, that was a mistake. About the best thing that happened on Lost in Space was that Maureen Robinson somehow found her way back to earth, where she went into hiding as Dr. Janet Craig at the Shady Rest Hotel, which allowed us to continue to watch Billie Jo, Bobbie Jo, and Betty Jo. Sorry, Cerealboy.
                    ^

We sooooo need amens back!!!
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Klaatu barada nikto

Comment

The Day the Earth Stood Still was a movie...
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          Forbidden Planet was a movie...
                          It was from "The day the Earth Stood Still," nimwit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            It was from "The day the Earth Stood Still," nimwit.
                            I'd already changed it - I always get those two titles mixed up.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              I'd already changed it - I always get those two titles mixed up.
                              Nicto Barada Klaatu!

Comment

I just hate it when you're SO right!
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment