Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Do Leftists Hate Free Speech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You probably should avoid Roy, RTT. You leave him WAY too many openings to nitpick.
    If he refuses to see my point it is on him not me but yeah if he nitpicks I shall note it and leave him as a lost cause.

Comment

And you continue to ignore the point that he was prevented from giving the presentation he had intended because of the interruption.
      Originally posted by Roy View Post
      Because it's not true. He wasn't prevented, only delayed.
      Like any speaker, he no doubt wanted to give his speech without unnecessary interruptions or delays.
      His speech was unnecessarily interrupted and delayed.
      Therefore, he was prevented from giving the presentation he had intended, that is without unnecessary interruptions or delays.

Basic logic, yo.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
        If he refuses to see my point it is on him not me but yeah if he nitpicks I shall note it and leave him as a lost cause.
        It's a game you can't win with him because he'll just nitpick when you point out his nitpicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          It's a game you can't win with him because he'll just nitpick when you point out his nitpicks.
          Well since I know his nitpicking is how he tries to steer folks away from the true point being made and all I'm doing is making sure the true point is not lost he can't win either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Like any speaker, he no doubt wanted to give his speech without unnecessary interruptions or delays.
            His speech was unnecessarily interrupted and delayed.
            Therefore, he was prevented from giving the presentation he had intended, that is without unnecessary interruptions or delays.

Basic logic, yo.
            I was going to write a post showing how your point is completely wrong. However I was unnecessarily interrupted and delayed and thus prevented from writing the post I wanted, that is without unnecessary interruptions or delays.

Basic logic, yo.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              I was going to write a post showing how your point is completely wrong. However I was unnecessarily interrupted and delayed and thus prevented from writing the post I wanted, that is without unnecessary interruptions or delays.

Basic logic, yo.
              Analogy fail, yo.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post

Basic logic, yo.
                Unless you were writing under a time constraint, like maybe your mom is saying get off the computer and go clean your room, and you were not given the time to compose the response you wanted, then your analogy falls.
                Last edited by Mountain Man; 04-19-2018, 05:50 PM.

Comment