Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Starbucks' Reparations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbucks' Reparations...

Those evil racists at Starbucks! They should give all black folks free coffee for life!

VIDEO: Black man demands free Starbucks coffee as ‘reparations’ — white barista immediately complies

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/vid...tely-complies/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Reparations for what?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Those evil racists at Starbucks! They should give all black folks free coffee for life!
      Imagine being singled out by a manager to buy something or leave the store when you’re just waiting on someone to show up for a meeting. If I wasn’t thirsty yet, I’d have been angry and embarrassed being confronted by a manager for using the toilet while waiting. In fact, I’ve waited in Starbucks for my wife and never ordered anything during my whole time there. I wasn’t asked to order something before using the bathroom or leave.

You fail to realize this is less shocking and idiotic than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Reparations for what?
        Two black guys were kicked out, they didn't leave so Starbucks called the cops.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
          Imagine being singled out by a manager to buy something or leave the store when you’re just waiting on someone to show up for a meeting. If I wasn’t thirsty yet, I’d have been angry and embarrassed being confronted by a manager for using the toilet while waiting. In fact, I’ve waited in Starbucks for my wife and never ordered anything during my whole time there. I wasn’t asked to order something before using the bathroom or leave.

You fail to realize this is less shocking and idiotic than that.
          I just don't understand why Starbucks is so racist! Are the owned by Republicans or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            Reparations for what?
            Lattes with extra milk.

Comment

seer, you're becoming the biggist whiner of all the whiny conservatives out there. It's one hissy fit after another with you. Seriously, take off the tin foil hat, every little incident in the country isn't an attack on conservatism.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                seer, you're becoming the biggist whiner of all the whiny conservatives out there. It's one hissy fit after another with you. Seriously, take off the tin foil hat, every little incident in the country isn't an attack on conservatism.
                I was joking bonehead! Sheesh, you liberals really have no sense of humor...

Comment

I was joking bonehead! Sheesh, you liberals really have no sense of humor...
                  It was a whine about how bad the blacks are getting. You’re saying “Look, they’re so uppity they want reparations for Starbucks now! Isn’t that hilarious?” You completely ignored the real story that two black men were asked to buy something immediately or leave the establishment.

Comment

It was a whine about how bad the blacks are getting. You’re saying “Look, they’re so uppity they want reparations for Starbucks now! Isn’t that hilarious?” You completely ignored the real story that two black men were asked to buy something immediately or leave the establishment.
                    Those 2 men should get free coffee for a few days. But just anybody walking in and demanding free coffee is wrong.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      Those 2 men should get free coffee for a few days. But just anybody walking in and demanding free coffee is wrong.
                      Who are you to determine what the two black men should get for being humiliated and told to leave the establishment? It’ll probably result in a lawsuit, not a free Starbucks gift card, and all because the manager was stupid enough to not realize how inflammatory calling the cops was. Leave it to you to undermine the seriousness of that.

Comment

Are you just stupid whag? If you want to know what the irony was, it was that this progressive, better than thou liberal company, screwed up so bad. I actually hope that every black person in the US goes in and demands free coffee.

Comment

Who are you to determine what the two black men should get for being humiliated and told to leave the establishment? It’ll probably result in a lawsuit, not a free Starbucks gift card, and all because the manager was stupid enough to not realize how inflammatory calling the cops was. Leave it to you to undermine the seriousness of that.
                          I'm not undermining the seriousness of that, I am saying that just any person who happens to be the same colour as the 2 men who were wrongly arrested walks in and demands free coffee is wrong in doing so. THAT is entitlement.

Leave it to you to miss my point completely.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Are you just stupid whag? If you want to know what the irony was, it was that this progressive, better than thou liberal company, screwed up so bad. I actually hope that every black person in the US goes in and demands free coffee.
                            No, you’re the stupid one trolling news pages 24/7 for thread ideas. Go do something good.

Starbucks only hires liberals is such a lie. If they did, they wouldn’t have hired the racist who called the cops on loiterers not his skin color.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              I'm not undermining the seriousness of that, I am saying that just any person who happens to be the same colour as the 2 men who were wrongly arrested walks in and demands free coffee is wrong in doing so. THAT is entitlement.

Leave it to you to miss my point completely.
                              You undermined the seriousness of it by saying they deserved a few free coffees for being shamed in public. You’re white, so you’ll never understand the sickness of that. If you endured something similar, tell me.

Comment