Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rosenstein: Trump not a target of Mueller investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosenstein: Trump not a target of Mueller investigation

Source: DAG Rod Rosenstein Told President Trump He’s Not a Target In Muller Investigation…

Well, well, well…. details from last week’s trip by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to the White House are now surfacing in multiple news reports. Mark the date today, the media is exiting the ‘muh Russia’ narrative.

Deep-weeds-walkers, those who follow nuance carefully, will note that yesterday Jennifer Jacobs was given a question by POTUS Trump during the joint press conference with PM Shinzo Abe. Jacobs asked President Trump if he would still consider firing Special Counsel Robert Mueller. Not coincidentally, today Jennifer Jacobs reports that DAG Rosenstein informed the President he is not a target of Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...investigation/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

While Trump could in theory be made a target in the future, the fact that he isn't one already, and apparently hasn't been from the beginning, is significant and demolishes a whole bunch of liberal talking points.

It also gives Trump's defense team some leverage to bring the investigation to a close, which is where Rudy Giuliani joining the defense team comes in.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...mp-legal-team/

Comment

If he isn't the target, why isn't Meuller going after the democrats who we already know were behind everything from the Steele Dossier to the Russian Conspiracy claim and Uranium One and all sorts of other stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        If he isn't the target, why isn't Meuller going after the democrats who we already know were behind everything from the Steele Dossier to the Russian Conspiracy claim and Uranium One and all sorts of other stuff?
        There are some who suspect the real purpose of the Mueller investigation was to destroy evidence, not expose it.

Good thing Sessions, Horowitz, and Huber have been quietly conducting their own criminal investigation for the past year. McCabe is the first one to go down, and there will be more to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          While Trump could in theory be made a target in the future, the fact that he isn't one already, and apparently hasn't been from the beginning, is significant and demolishes a whole bunch of liberal talking points.

It also gives Trump's defense team some leverage to bring the investigation to a close, which is where Rudy Giuliani joining the defense team comes in.

It is not news that Trump is not a target. It has been mentioned quite many times before. The interesting question is whether he will become a target at some point. It seems highly likely but we don't know yet.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
            It seems highly likely [that will become a target in the future] but we don't know yet.
            It seems a lot less likely with Rosenstein admitting that Trump was never a target, and now Comey's memos have been released proving beyond any doubt that there was never even probable cause to appoint a special prosecutor in the first place!

In light of these damning details, enter bulldog Rudy Giuliani to negotiate an end to Mueller's witch hunt.

Last edited by Mountain Man; 04-20-2018, 08:10 AM.

Comment

It seems a lot less likely with Rosenstein has admitting that Trump was never a target, and now Comey's memos have been released proving that there was never even probable cause to appoint a special prosecutor in the first place.

In light of these damning details, enter bulldog Rudy Giuliani to negotiate an end to Mueller's witch hunt.

We have known from the start he was not a target but his campaign was. He could become a target and I would not be surprised if that happened. The fact that all of this seems to be news to you does surprise me.
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Also, there's a judge who recently questioned whether or not Mueller even had the proper authority to conduct his investigation, noting that the order appointing him failed to detail a "specific factual matter" to be investigated.

Now where have we heard that before?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  We have known from the start he was not a target but his campaign was. He could become a target and I would not be surprised if that happened. The fact that all of this seems to be news to you does surprise me.
                  It's not news to me, but the fact that Rosenstein felt the need to reiterate it is significant, as is the fact that despite the left intensely investigating this matter since before the election that Trump is still not a target.

Oh, but any day now, right? Don't give up hope, Chuckles. Impeachment is just around the corner!

Comment

Also, there's a judge who recently questioned whether or not Mueller even had the proper authority to conduct his investigation, noting that the order appointing him failed to detail a "specific factual matter" to be investigated.

Now where have we heard that before?
                    Look at post 83 in the thread you link to. You were talking about the need to identify a specific crime. That is not the same as a specific factual matter.

Comment

It's not news to me, but the fact that Rosenstein felt the need to reiterate it is significant, as is the fact that despite the left intensely investigating this matter since before the election that Trump is still not a target.

Oh, but any day now, right? Don't give up hope, Chuckles. Impeachment is just around the corner!
                      We don't know. Mueller has his way of working and it seems he is moving closer and closer, but we do not know yet. I can only say I find it very likely that Trump will become a target at some point.

Comment

Comment

Very strong argument. I am gonna have to agree.

Comment

Liberals:

this is fine.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              We have known from the start he was not a target
                              Tell that to Tassman, JimL and the other tweb liberals and the democratic senators that have been screaming Impeach!

Comment