Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trad Worker Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trad Worker Party

In the very best tradition of "You can't make this crap up," it turns out the trailer-trash founder and now former head of the recently disbanded ethno-nationalist Traditionalist Worker Party was cuckolded by his trailer-trash neighbor and co-founding step son-in-law.
    But according to a police report obtained by the Southern Poverty Law Center, Heimbach began sleeping with Parrott’s wife. In early March, the two told Parrott and Heimbach’s wife that the three-month affair was over, but Parrott didn’t believe it, so he concocted a plan to catch them. Heimbach and Parrott’s wife fell for it while Parrott was outside, standing atop a box, looking in through a window. Then the box broke, and, his cover presumably blown, Parrott went to confront Heimbach, who allegedly choked him. Parrott lost consciousness, then fled to a Walmart, where he called police, who reported that Heimbach later violently grabbed his wife’s face.

I haven't laughed this hard since Stormy Daniels confessed to rolling up a magazine with Trump's face on the cover, using it to make him kiss his own heinie, as punishment for trying to pick her up by kissing his own heinie.

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
    In the very best tradition of "You can't make this crap up," it turns out the trailer-trash founder and now former head of the recently disbanded ethno-nationalist Traditionalist Worker Party was cuckolded by his trailer-trash neighbor and co-founding step son-in-law.
    But according to a police report obtained by the Southern Poverty Law Center, Heimbach began sleeping with Parrott’s wife. In early March, the two told Parrott and Heimbach’s wife that the three-month affair was over, but Parrott didn’t believe it, so he concocted a plan to catch them. Heimbach and Parrott’s wife fell for it while Parrott was outside, standing atop a box, looking in through a window. Then the box broke, and, his cover presumably blown, Parrott went to confront Heimbach, who allegedly choked him. Parrott lost consciousness, then fled to a Walmart, where he called police, who reported that Heimbach later violently grabbed his wife’s face.

I haven't laughed this hard since Stormy Daniels confessed to rolling up a magazine with Trump's face on the cover, using it to make him kiss his own heinie, as punishment for trying to pick her up by kissing his own heinie.
    Trump is what you might call palatial kitsch trailer-trash.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

So this is going to upset their what 100 to 200 members?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Ah, the Heimback maneuver!
        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          So this is going to upset their what 100 to 200 members?
          I'm fairly sure you don't need anyone else to do your reading for you.
          The Traditionalist Worker Party, which at its height operated in at least eight states and had about 1,200 paying members, according to its leaders, also collapsed last month. It was perhaps the most institutionally organized of all the groups making up the alt-right. It had a clear hierarchy: Paying members reported to regional commanders, who in turn reported to the top leaders living in a trailer park in Paoli, Ind., where everything came apart last month.

Perhaps you just need motivation.

Presenting actual evidence is positively caustic to the narrative being promoted.
          It seems when you post before checking, your initial position is far too often an exaggeration or minimization biased toward your preferred narrative, in this case, that the TWP was never a concern. There's a good case to be made that their 1200 members and the gap-toothed and rutting leadership showed the organization had shallow roots.

Previously, in recent exchanges, you suggested that Obama led a campaign against Netanyahu while in office when the facts showed he supported a peace initiative unrelated to Netanyahu's campaign that later evolved into an opposition campaign using the same resources. You noted that he endorsed Macron without noting that he did so as a private citizen. These incidents were used in comparison with and in order to minimize an unprecedented clandestine invitation for a foreign head of state to attack Obama in an address before Congress.

Similarly, in response to evidence that Russian operatives had used social media to create demonstrations during the 2016 election, you cited, unsourced, a demonstration that attracted a dozen protesters when sources already in the thread showed a demonstration in which both the protest and counter-protest was created by the Russian media campaign, and both sides outnumbered your cited dozen.

When the urge to bias occurs in the pursuit of a narrative, the better course is to revise the narrative to conform to the facts. It's not even much effort, requiring only a change in focus from "I want this to be true," to "I want the truth to prevail." You're still advocating, but in the latter case, in service a narrative that by its nature, supports itself.

I know for a fact you're capable of this or I wouldn't bother with extending this exchange.

And lastly, consider, when you don't stick with the facts on one subject, you put yourself in a position that's ripe for embarrassment and could easily be used to attack your position on subjects where the facts are in your favor. Here I'm thinking of your positions on biological evolution and AGW.

Directly to the corrosive effects, this idea that it's okay to pursue positions based on bias leads to a normalization of partisan attacks that only serve to deflect the meaningful discussion, agreement, and compromise necessary to resolve disputes.

Comment

So this is a neo-Nazi party? Why in the world did they pick "Traditionalist Worker Party"? Based on that title I would've assumed they were communist.

Comment

I'm fairly sure you don't need anyone else to do your reading for you.
              The Traditionalist Worker Party, which at its height operated in at least eight states and had about 1,200 paying members, according to its leaders, also collapsed last month. It was perhaps the most institutionally organized of all the groups making up the alt-right. It had a clear hierarchy: Paying members reported to regional commanders, who in turn reported to the top leaders living in a trailer park in Paoli, Ind., where everything came apart last month.

Perhaps you just need motivation.

It seems when you post before checking, your initial position is far too often an exaggeration or minimization biased toward your preferred narrative, in this case, that the TWP was never a concern. There's a good case to be made that their 1200 members and the gap-toothed and rutting leadership showed the organization had shallow roots.

Previously, in recent exchanges, you suggested that Obama led a campaign against Netanyahu while in office when the facts showed he supported a peace initiative unrelated to Netanyahu's campaign that later evolved into an opposition campaign using the same resources. You noted that he endorsed Macron without noting that he did so as a private citizen. These incidents were used in comparison with and in order to minimize an unprecedented clandestine invitation for a foreign head of state to attack Obama in an address before Congress.

Similarly, in response to evidence that Russian operatives had used social media to create demonstrations during the 2016 election, you cited, unsourced, a demonstration that attracted a dozen protesters when sources already in the thread showed a demonstration in which both the protest and counter-protest was created by the Russian media campaign, and both sides outnumbered your cited dozen.

When the urge to bias occurs in the pursuit of a narrative, the better course is to revise the narrative to conform to the facts. It's not even much effort, requiring only a change in focus from "I want this to be true," to "I want the truth to prevail." You're still advocating, but in the latter case, in service a narrative that by its nature, supports itself.

I know for a fact you're capable of this or I wouldn't bother with extending this exchange.

And lastly, consider, when you don't stick with the facts on one subject, you put yourself in a position that's ripe for embarrassment and could easily be used to attack your position on subjects where the facts are in your favor. Here I'm thinking of your positions on biological evolution and AGW.

Directly to the corrosive effects, this idea that it's okay to pursue positions based on bias leads to a normalization of partisan attacks that only serve to deflect the meaningful discussion, agreement, and compromise necessary to resolve disputes.
              You seemed to catch my point while simultaneously missing it, which is that this is some tiny, insignificant fringe group that claims that at their height they had a membership of a whole whopping 1200 people. You're the mathemagician, what percentage is 1200 out of some 325.7 million (give or take a hundred thousand)?

And that's how many they claimed were once members. Generally groups like that tend to heavily exaggerate their numbers often inflating them by 2, 3, 4-fold or even more. Somewhere between 100 and 200 current members is probably a pretty close guesstimate.

Oh. And I'm pretty neutral on AGW. I think that the evidence indicates it exists but its proponents tend to exaggerate predictions and offer the absolute worse-case scenarios as what is inevitable.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

wow 1200 members nationwide. It's an Nazi epidemic. Call the CDC.

Comment

Somewhere between 100 and 200 current members is probably a pretty close guesstimate.
                  Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  wow 1200 members nationwide. It's an Nazi epidemic. Call the CDC.
                  It's not just that this was detailed in the article. It's that it was included in the provided quote.
                  ... collapsed last month ... where everything came apart last month ...

The correct number of current members is approximately zero.

Oh. And I'm pretty neutral on AGW. I think that the evidence indicates it exists but its proponents tend to exaggerate predictions and offer the absolute worse-case scenarios as what is inevitable.
                  How many IPCC reports have you studied.

Please don't tell me none.

I am so hoping you're not excluding the entire climate science community from your list of proponents, because I'm hanging on by my last thead from yet another sneeringly condescending episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                    So this is a neo-Nazi party? Why in the world did they pick "Traditionalist Worker Party"? Based on that title I would've assumed they were communist.
                    I'm guessing there's a correlation between their lack of historical grounding and the gap-toothed, trailer trash, sleeping with the wife of your via-a-step-daughter-father-in-law co-founder, but I don't want to jump to any hasty conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                      Ah, the Heimback maneuver!
                      Y'all understand this ^^ is the proper way to respond to this thread.

Comment

Y'all understand this ^^ is the proper way to respond to this thread.
                        Misspelling?

Comment

It's not just that this was detailed in the article. It's that it was included in the provided quote.
                          ... collapsed last month ... where everything came apart last month ...

The correct number of current members is approximately zero.
                          I doubt very much that they ever even came close to the 1200 number.

How many IPCC reports have you studied.

Please don't tell me none.

I am so hoping you're not excluding the entire climate science community from your list of proponents, because I'm hanging on by my last thead from yet another sneeringly condescending episode.
                          It has been a couple years since I looked over the last one. Maybe 3 or 4. But please don't let that be a reason for you to cease and desist from indulging in one of your sneeringly condescending episodes.

Comment

Misspelling?
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Just sayin' that it is something I most certainly can do

Oh, and it's Heimbach maneuver.

Comment