Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Atheists, you are being racist when you mock Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atheists, you are being racist when you mock Christianity

A 2015 Pew Research Center study of race and ethnicity among U.S. religions provides some basic facts. In the first place, if you’re mocking Christians, you’re mostly mocking women, because women are more likely than men to be Christians. The greatest disproportion is found among black Christians, of whom only 41 percent are male. So you’re mocking black women in particular.

Overall, people of color are more likely than whites to be Christians -- and pretty devout Christians at that. Some 83 percent of all black Americans are absolutely certain that God exists. No other group comes close to this figure. Black Christians are far more likely than white Christians (84 percent to 64 percent) to describe religion as very important in their lives. Of all ethnic groups, black Christians are the most likely to attend services, pray frequently and read the Bible regularly. They are also -- here’s the kicker -- most likely to believe that their faith is the place to look for answers to questions about right and wrong. And they are, by large margins, the most likely to believe that the Bible is the literally inerrant word of God. In short, if you find Christian traditionalism creepy, it’s black people you’re talking about.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...roubling-roots

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    A 2015 Pew Research Center study of race and ethnicity among U.S. religions provides some basic facts. In the first place, if you’re mocking Christians, you’re mostly mocking women, because women are more likely than men to be Christians. The greatest disproportion is found among black Christians, of whom only 41 percent are male. So you’re mocking black women in particular.

Overall, people of color are more likely than whites to be Christians -- and pretty devout Christians at that. Some 83 percent of all black Americans are absolutely certain that God exists. No other group comes close to this figure. Black Christians are far more likely than white Christians (84 percent to 64 percent) to describe religion as very important in their lives. Of all ethnic groups, black Christians are the most likely to attend services, pray frequently and read the Bible regularly. They are also -- here’s the kicker -- most likely to believe that their faith is the place to look for answers to questions about right and wrong. And they are, by large margins, the most likely to believe that the Bible is the literally inerrant word of God. In short, if you find Christian traditionalism creepy, it’s black people you’re talking about.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...roubling-roots
    No, it's Christianity, the religion, not the christians that we think false.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Right. you never ever mock Christians as dumb for believing in God, or that God will save us from our sins. Never ever do you do that.

Comment

Ah, but Catholic cardinals are more likely to be Christians than black women, so I'm mocking Catholic cardinals in superparticular, and since they're all male I'm mocking males in particular too.

P.S. This post should in no way be considered to be me biting a hook.
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          Ah, but Catholic cardinals are more likely to be Christians than black women, so I'm mocking Catholic cardinals in superparticular, and since they're all male I'm mocking males in particular too.

P.S. This post should in no way be considered to be me biting a hook.
          Catholic cardinals are Christian by definition.

Comment

Right. you never ever mock Christians as dumb for believing in God, or that God will save us from our sins. Never ever do you do that.
            I think that what I say could sometimes be seen as mocking christians personally, because just saying that I think it's dumb to believe some of the things that christianity teaches could be seen as mocking christians personally. But I also happen to know many intelligent people, including everyone of my immediate family who are christians. So, it's a difficult thing to understand how otherwise intelligent people can believe such nonsense. But the main target of our criticism, at least for myself, is christianity itself, not it's adherents.

Comment

I think that what I say could sometimes be seen as mocking christians personally, because just saying that I think it's dumb to believe some of the things that christianity teaches could be seen as mocking christians personally. But I also happen to know many intelligent people, including everyone of my immediate family who are christians. So, it's a difficult thing to understand how otherwise intelligent people can believe such nonsense. But the main target of our criticism, at least for myself, is christianity itself, not it's adherents.
              You are just a misogynist racist JimL. Just admit it.

Comment

Low energy troll, 'dems are real racist!!!' goes over so well.

Not even JimL is triggered, sad!
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Nice troll thread

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                    Nice troll thread
                    Thank you. But that doesn't change the fact that it means Atheists are racist misogynists who are intolerant of black women of faith.

Comment

So would you say this is a "love the sinner, hate the sin" kind of situation?

ETA: Pardon, probably more appropriately stated "love the Christian, hate the Christianity."
                      Last edited by Zymologist; 04-23-2018, 01:26 PM.
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

ETA: Pardon, probably more appropriately stated "love the Christian, hate the Christianity."
                        Nope it can't be that Zym. Since according to JimL, Starlight et al if you think a certain act is sinful you are hating the person doing the act and that is bigotry.

Comment

Catholic cardinals are Christian by definition.
                          Even if they aren't Christian by any other definition?

That would mean that a cardinal who lost his faith and became an apostate would be an atheist Christian. A cardinal that became a radicalised Muslim would be an Islamic Christian.
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

No, it's a "we think christianity is false" and that "christians are mistaken" kind of situation.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                              Nope it can't be that Zym. Since according to JimL, Starlight et al if you think a certain act is sinful you are hating the person doing the act and that is bigotry.
                              Wrong, you can believe what you want, just don't try to impose your beliefs on the rest of us. For instance, you think homosexuality is a sin, that's fine for you, live your life accordingly and leave other people alone to live theirs. Why is that so difficult for you people?

Comment