Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Atheists, you are being racist when you mock Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Catholic cardinals are Christian by definition.
    I've been told by more than a few Christians that catholics are "not real Christians."

Apparently, each Christian has a set of criteria they use to decide who is and who is not Christian.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      First of all, I think mocking anyone for any reason (other than two friends picking on each other) is not acceptable. So folks who mock Christians OR atheists are not behaving in a manner I would consider mature.

Second of all, nice try. This is the same kind of BS that comes from the left. Their claim is that Republicans are "racist" in trying to push for voter ID (and other voter restrictions) because these predominantly impact black and latino people. As far as I can tell, the goal is to impact Democrats, so gain an edge at the voting booth. Republicans have to take approach like these because they are losing the numbers games (24% identify as Republican to 29% as Democrat). Poor people tend to have more difficulty getting these IDs than more well-to-do people, so the IDs impact Democrats more than Republicans. Why? Because black and latino voters tend to be poorer than white voters and overwhelmingly lean Democratic, so in putting such laws in place impacts they more than white people (on average). The Republican strategy may be unamerican, and may disproportionately impact black and latino people, but it's not intentionally racist (AFAICT).

Likewise, someone who thinks Christianity, or theism in general, may disproportionately be calling into question the beliefs of black and latino people, but are not intentionally being racist.

But this does bring to mind an interesting question. Evangelicals and religious conservatives are overwhelmingly Republicans. Black and Latino people are predominantly religious, but overwhelmingly Democrats. Interesting dynamics, no? One would think they would be natural Republicans, yet they predominantly see the Democratic party as their go-to party? One has to wonder why this is the case...?
      Your post need some charts and polls. Please add them.

kthxbai

Comment

I've been told by more than a few Christians that catholics are "not real Christians."

Apparently, each Christian has a set of criteria they use to decide who is and who is not Christian.
        Jack Chick!

Comment

Actually it is God who decides who and who are not Christian (John 1:12-13; Matthew 16:18 & 1 John 5:1, 9-12 are examples).
          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
            Actually it is God who decides who and who are not Christian (John 1:12-13; Matthew 16:18 & 1 John 5:1, 9-12 are examples).
            Hmmm, and here I thought it was mossrose who decided.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              Works both ways, Jim. Homosexuals need to stop trying to make Christians accept their lifestyle.
              Christians need to understand diversity and learn that they are not in some special or privileged state from where they are entitled to dispense a moral code to everyone else. They think that they are the first ‘under God’ but this is their immoral arrogance and ultimately the reason for their rejection and eventual downfall. The first will be last.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                Christians need to understand diversity and learn that they are not in some special or privileged state from where they are entitled to dispense a moral code to everyone else. They think that they are the first ‘under God’ and this is their immoral arrogance and ultimately the reason for their rejection and eventual downfall. The first will be last.
                Sadly for you, Christianity is not an inclusive belief system. There is only ONE way to be included, and you are not, at this point in time, one of the "in" crowd.

Yes, I am judging. By God's standards, not mine.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Sadly for you, Christianity is not an inclusive belief system. There is only ONE way to be included, and you are not, at this point in time, one of the "in" crowd.

During the Second World War the allied air forces, hoping to slow the rate of loss of aircraft and crews, looked at the pattern of bullet strikes on aircraft to work out where to add armour to protect vulnerable parts. It was natural to suppose that the bombers needed more armour where it appeared they were taking more hits. Abraham Ward and his colleagues decided to put armour where there were no bullet holes at all.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

By the subjective standards you attribute to god....
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Hmmm, and here I thought it was mossrose who decided.
                      Just on tweb.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        Christians need to understand diversity and learn that they are not in some special or privileged state from where they are entitled to dispense a moral code to everyone else. They think that they are the first ‘under God’ but this is their immoral arrogance and ultimately the reason for their rejection and eventual downfall. The first will be last.
                        And yet atheists and gays think they are entitled to dispense their moral code to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Just on tweb.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment