Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Atheists, you are being racist when you mock Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Now that would be a stupid thing to do, wouldn't it?
    What? Christians suing a homosexual baker for not baking them a cake with something that goes against the baker's beliefs piped on the top in chocolate icing?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      Would it be fair to say that you disapprove of their beliefs--maybe their lifestyle--but don't hate them?
      It would be fair to say that I think their beliefs are false, and that of course, I do not hate them. Already divulged the fact that my entire family are christians.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        What? Christians suing a homosexual baker for not baking them a cake with something that goes against the baker's beliefs piped on the top in chocolate icing?
        No. It would be ridiculous for a homosexual to refuse to bake the cake asked for by his christian customer. Why should the homosexual baker care, it's not the homosexuals cake, it's the christians cake.

Comment

No. It would be ridiculous for a homosexual to refuse to bake the cake asked for by his christian customer. Why should the homosexual baker care, it's not the homosexuals cake, it's the christians cake.

What about this example?

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/th...iage-cake.-now

April 9, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Joshua Feuerstein was just trying to make a point. Now, he may face legal action, as a bakery that refused to provide him with a cake opposing same-sex “marriage” threatens to sue him for taking their conversation public. The bakery owner is also threatening to press charges related to the recording of the phone call.

In the wake of heated national debate over whether business owners should have the right to refuse to participate in same-sex “weddings” that violate their religious beliefs, Feuerstein, an internet evangelist, decided to see if pro-gay business owners would give him the same deference as a Christian that homosexual activists are demanding Christian business owners give to same-sex couples, even if they disagreed with his worldview.

He made a tape of himself calling Florida-based bakery “Cut the Cake” and asking them to make a cake decorated with the words, “We do not support gay marriage.” As Feuerstein expected, the bakery – which calls itself LGBT-friendly and advertises same-sex “wedding” services in gay publications – refused and hung up the phone.

"We wanted to see if a pro-LGBT bakery would bake a cake for something that it was opposed to what they believed in,” Feuerstein told Florida’s WESH 2 News, “and you know what, I actually believe that Cut the Cake has every right as an American to refuse to print that on a cake.”

Feuerstein posted video of the phone call to YouTube with commentary explaining his position. “Cut the Cake[‘s owner]…refuses to make an anti-gay ‘marriage’ cake, so it obviously violates her principles, and so she doesn’t feel like she should be forced to make the cake,” Feuerstein said in the video. “And yet…there’s all of this hoopla going around because Christian bakeries think that they shouldn’t be forced.”
          Oh, look who's in trouble! The Christian! Not the bakery for refusing!

Or this:

https://www.christianpost.com/news/1...-wrong-131479/

Despite anti-discrimination laws in many states that require Christian bakery owners to bake cakes for same-sex weddings, 13 LGBT and gay-owned bakeries objected to one man's request when he asked if they'd make a pro-traditional marriage cake that would read "gay marriage is wrong." All refused to back the cake and one person even cursed at the Christian man for "hate speech" and said a cake supporting traditional marriage "went against their beliefs."

Blogger Theodore Shoebat, of Shoebat.com, wanted to see if the same level of tolerance that Christian business owners who belive in traditional marriage are required to abide by is also being exemplified at bakeries that advocate for same-sex marriage.

Shoebat set off on a video experiment where he called 13 bakeries, which are all either known as gay-owned bakeries or bakeries that strongly support gay marriage, and told them that he was hosting a pro-traditional marriage celebration and that he needed a cake that says "gay marriage is wrong."

He found that all of the bakeries refused to make him the cake with those words written on top. A few of the bakeries that he called said they'd make him the cake, but he would have to apply the words in icing himself. Other bakers were offended when they heard his request, while some simply said "no" or just hung up the phone.

Hypocritical double standard, and you must have missed these examples or you wouldn't have posted as you did.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            What about this example?

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/th...iage-cake.-now

Oh, look who's in trouble! The Christian! Not the bakery for refusing!

Or this:

https://www.christianpost.com/news/1...-wrong-131479/

Hypocritical double standard, and you must have missed these examples or you wouldn't have posted as you did.
            It's not hypocritical on my part, I said it would be stupid to refuse to bake the cake that the moron requests, I didn't say that there weren't gay friendly bakery's that would also refuse to do so.

Comment

It's not hypocritical on my part, I said it would be stupid to refuse to bake the cake that the moron requests, I didn't say that there weren't gay friendly bakery's that would also refuse to do so.

Moron? Really? Your bigotry is showing. Hence you are hypocritical.

Comment

No, they weren't forced, they chose to do business with the public in which case they are not allowed to discriminate. If they wanted to they could become a christian bakery wherein they only sell christian themed goods, like christian book stores do, or christian gift shops. But that has never been the case in these suits, they have always just been regular bakeries that happened to be owned by christians.
                When you get fined for following your beliefs, that is being forced. Again, it is odd that they only seem to be forcing Christian businesses to comply and not Muslim or Jewish businesses. They are targeting Christianity. Because they are racist bigots.

Comment

It would be fair to say that I think their beliefs are false, and that of course, I do not hate them. Already divulged the fact that my entire family are christians.
                  Sounding awfully bigoted here
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                    The point is still that it seems OK for the Gay bakery to refuse to put a message on a cake that goes against their beliefs and their beliefs are not even protected by the constitution! Nobody ever tried to fine that bakery did they?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      When you get fined for following your beliefs, that is being forced. Again, it is odd that they only seem to be forcing Christian businesses to comply and not Muslim or Jewish businesses. They are targeting Christianity. Because they are racist bigots.
                      They're not getting fined for following their beliefs, they're getting fined for breaking the law against discrimination. Your beliefs don't take precedent over the law, if they did then you could claim to believe anything you wanted and thereby skirt any law.

Comment

The point is still that it seems OK for the Gay bakery to refuse to put a message on a cake that goes against their beliefs and their beliefs are not even protected by the constitution! Nobody ever tried to fine that bakery did they?
                        Is it OK, did the customer sue for damages? Doubt it!

Comment

They're not getting fined for following their beliefs, they're getting fined for breaking the law against discrimination. Your beliefs don't take precedent over the law, if they did then you could claim to believe anything you wanted and thereby skirt any law.
                          Gay is not a protected class dimwit. But the constitution DOES protect freedom of religion and expression. You can't force someone to make speech that they don't agree with. And it is not a matter of making stuff up. Their belief that homosexuality is a sin can be backed up by the bible and 2000 years of Christianity. Decorating a cake is artistic expression. You can't force an artist to make art that they don't want to make.

But we are getting side tracked. The point of bringing this up was to show the active discrimination against Christians in this society which you said did not happen. You are wrong. It happens all the time. You do it yourself. Because you are a bigot and you hate Christianity and God and those who believe in God.

Comment

Is it OK, did the customer sue for damages? Doubt it!
                            Why weren't they fined by the government like the Christian bakery was?

Comment

A 2015 Pew Research Center study of race and ethnicity among U.S. religions provides some basic facts. In the first place, if you’re mocking Christians, you’re mostly mocking women, because women are more likely than men to be Christians. The greatest disproportion is found among black Christians, of whom only 41 percent are male. So you’re mocking black women in particular.

Overall, people of color are more likely than whites to be Christians -- and pretty devout Christians at that. Some 83 percent of all black Americans are absolutely certain that God exists. No other group comes close to this figure. Black Christians are far more likely than white Christians (84 percent to 64 percent) to describe religion as very important in their lives. Of all ethnic groups, black Christians are the most likely to attend services, pray frequently and read the Bible regularly. They are also -- here’s the kicker -- most likely to believe that their faith is the place to look for answers to questions about right and wrong. And they are, by large margins, the most likely to believe that the Bible is the literally inerrant word of God. In short, if you find Christian traditionalism creepy, it’s black people you’re talking about.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...roubling-roots
                              First of all, I think mocking anyone for any reason (other than two friends picking on each other) is not acceptable. So folks who mock Christians OR atheists are not behaving in a manner I would consider mature.

Second of all, nice try. This is the same kind of BS that comes from the left. Their claim is that Republicans are "racist" in trying to push for voter ID (and other voter restrictions) because these predominantly impact black and latino people. As far as I can tell, the goal is to impact Democrats, so gain an edge at the voting booth. Republicans have to take approach like these because they are losing the numbers games (24% identify as Republican to 29% as Democrat). Poor people tend to have more difficulty getting these IDs than more well-to-do people, so the IDs impact Democrats more than Republicans. Why? Because black and latino voters tend to be poorer than white voters and overwhelmingly lean Democratic, so in putting such laws in place impacts they more than white people (on average). The Republican strategy may be unamerican, and may disproportionately impact black and latino people, but it's not intentionally racist (AFAICT).

Likewise, someone who thinks Christianity, or theism in general, may disproportionately be calling into question the beliefs of black and latino people, but are not intentionally being racist.

But this does bring to mind an interesting question. Evangelicals and religious conservatives are overwhelmingly Republicans. Black and Latino people are predominantly religious, but overwhelmingly Democrats. Interesting dynamics, no? One would think they would be natural Republicans, yet they predominantly see the Democratic party as their go-to party? One has to wonder why this is the case...?
                              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I have to admit this does seem like a bit of a "trolling" thread....
                                Last edited by carpedm9587; 04-25-2018, 03:03 PM.
                                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment