Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Van Terror In Toronto...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Trying to shoot rapidly also messes up the accuracy because of the recoil. It's hard to line the shot back up after the gun barrel flies up in the air after every shot.
    I remember when we were issued the Berettas.... for the first 6 months, I was allowed to continue carrying my Ruger, but then the semi-autos became mandatory. There was no additional training on the fact that the sem-auto was a whole new ballgame, besides just "having more bullets". And I remember - back then - the big debate over having one in the chamber or not, having the weapon fully cocked, but safety on, requiring the operation of the slide for 'cocking' the first round.... And a guy in the next jurisdiction actually did shoot his knee in the locker room pulling his fully loaded and "ready" Beretta from his holster to show another officer.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• So. Vans?

I keep trying to get this thread back on topic and ya'll keep derailing it!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Back in my early-mid teens when I fired a Colt M1911 .45 handgun for the first time it was outdoors and I was seated on the ground firing at a target at least 50' away. I methodically emptied the magazine with each spent casing flying back and hitting the exact same spot on the band of the headphone-style hearing protection I was wearing. Right on the top of my head. When I remarked on this the pistol's owner said that was a sign of excellent control. When we examined the target every round hit dead center with a spacing I could cover with the palm of my hand.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          So. Vans?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Back in my early-mid teens when I fired a Colt M1911 .45 handgun for the first time it was outdoors and I was seated on the ground firing at a target at least 50' away. I methodically emptied the magazine with each spent casing flying back and hitting the exact same spot on the band of the headphone-style hearing protection I was wearing. Right on the top of my head. When I remarked on this the pistol's owner said that was a sign of excellent control. When we examined the target every round hit dead center with a spacing I could cover with the palm of my hand.
            Really big hands, eh?

The+guy+must+have+pretty+big+hands+in+order+to+_da6b2e5974798d306d7f96184deb8d52.jpg
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So. Vans?

Ban 'em! Ban 'em, I say! Ban 'em all!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Really big hands, eh?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27540[/ATTACH]

With those suckers you could more than cover the entire target

Comment

Ban 'em! Ban 'em, I say! Ban 'em all!!!!
                  Ban da Van!

Comment

Ban da Van!
                    Nuke the Whales!

Comment

So. Vans?

derailing it? There are no trains here!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27539[/ATTACH]

That should definitely be banned.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Would you be so kind as to point out which, if any, of the 14 examples backs up your outrageous "shoot 'em first, ask questions later" lie?

Thanks
                          They were all unnecessary, high-profile police-related deaths of a type one rarely gets in societies like Canada. The Toronto occurrence was an example of how, even the most serious situations can be well handled.

And 14 is not "countless" - it's an actual number.
                          Oh it's numbers you're after? Here we go:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...gs-us-database

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            They were all unnecessary, high-profile police-related deaths of a type one rarely gets in societies like Canada. The Toronto occurrence was an example of how, even the most serious situations can be well handled.
                            So, the answer is no, you cannot point to any of the examples that support your outrageous "shoot 'em first, ask questions later" lie. Your attempt to change the subject instead is duly noted.

Comment

So, the answer is no, you cannot point to any of the examples that support your outrageous "shoot 'em first, ask questions later" lie. Your attempt to change the subject instead is duly noted.
                              You should recuse yourself from the discussion CP, being that, as an ex cop, you are obviously completely blinded by your bias.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                You should recuse yourself from the discussion CP, being that, as an ex cop, you are obviously completely blinded by your bias.
                                In that case, you should stop posting on EVERY topic!

Comment