Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Garden, 2018.04.24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Garden, 2018.04.24

With Jesus in the Glory Seed Garden…
    Change is in the air…
    Shalom!

Change is in the air I have decided to do a minor change in the Glory Seed Devotionals, you’ve probably already noticed some of the changes at the top of the page. I have been thinking about the slogan on the Blog “Planting seeds of Glory for the LORD” create an imaginary Glory Seed Garden where the seeds are planted. Yet as imaginary as the Garden is it actually exists in your spirit/heart, the Glory Seed Garden in your life and mine. The apostle Paul puts it this way. “So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his own reward according to his own labor. For we are God’s coworkers. You are God’s field, God’s building.” (1 Corinthians 3:7–9, CSB)

Gardens have a special place in the bible. Life as we know it began in a garden, the Garden of Eden. And it was in the Garden of Gethsemane Jesus opened the road that leads to eternal life for us.

“…but only God who gives the growth.” I would be willing to bet if a seed could somehow come back and tell us what it’s like have its hard shell slowly burst open, it would tell us it was not a painless experience. Jesus sets us straight not only when it comes seeds but our lives as well. “Jesus replied to them, “Truly I tell you, unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains by itself. But if it dies, it produces much fruit.” (John 12:24, CSB)

Come to the Glory Seed Garden, come alone or bring a friend.
    Come away from the thorn and thistle infested wilderness and rest awhile.
    Breathe the Garden’s Fresh Air, experience the touch of the Master’s Hand.
    Feel the Holy Spirit gently plant Glory Seeds in the Soil of your heart.
    Experience the soft golden glow of Heaven’s Light.
    Enjoy the gentle songs of Peace sang by the Angel Chorus.
    Feel the exhilaration as the seed dies giving way to Life .
    And savor the flavor of God’s Sweet Salvation!

God gives the seed, we plant the seed in the Glory Seed Garden (you, the reader), Jesus gives the seed life, and the Holy Spirt makes it grow.

Jesus… Don’t face the future without Him!

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Unless otherwise stated all scripture quotations marked CSB have been taken from Christian Standard Bible, Copyright 2017 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Christian Standard Bible and CSB are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.

Requiescat in pace, Gary.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X