Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    OK, cop story....

I was on patrol on the east end of the county, when one of our deputies called "out of the car on a traffic stop" on a major highway on the west end of the county. I began heading that way for backup, but got flagged down by a motorist asking for directions.
    I got detained by this motorist for a bit, but dispatch got concerned, and called my radio car to see if I could assist the other unit - he hadn't called back in saying he was ok - or anything!

I headed on over to the west end of the county to where he had reported he was out of the car. As I approached the scene, there were multiple vehicles stopped, and a crowed facing away from the road, looking up a hill to a fence line running parallel to the highway.

I could see a couple of people up there, and what looked like a deer.

I got out of my car, and walked up the hill, and the people were all yelling "HELP HIM!"

The deer had been hit by a car, and John followed it up the hill to see if the deer needed to be dispatched (shot in the head, for you kiddies). The deer charged John, pinning him to the big cyclone fence, and the butt of John's .357 revolver was lodged in the links of the fence. John was beating the deer over the head with his flashlight with his left hand, while wrestling to get his firearm dislodged from the fence so he could shoot this deer.

(For those of you who know Jerry Clower, this is downright hilarious, particularly the fact that my partner's name was John)

As I approached John and the deer, the crowd was yelling "Shoo, deer, go away", and John was beating the deer on the head with the flashlight, the deer was spurting blood everywhere, the deer had ripped Johns uniform pants open, and his legs were bleeding (and some of that blood was the deer's) and John saw me approaching. He began yelling "Shoot this thing!"

(Again, if you know Jerry Clower, this is hilarious) I knew it was a serious situation, but I was laughing so hard, and John was yelling "SHOOT this thing!" And I tried circling around for a clean shot, John still yelling "SHOOT this thing"

Of course, the proper response would have been...

me: I can't shoot, John, I might hit YOU!
    John: Well then shoot up here amongst us, cause ONE of us needs some relief!!!!

(I couldn't bring myself to do that)

Finally, as I circled around (the deer was still pushing John into the fence with the deer's shoulder) and felt like I could safely dispatch the deer, he just collapsed, lay there panting, and died.

I don't know how many times I've had to tell that story on John when we've been in meetings, or parties, or just about anywhere.
    We had three deer break through a large glass window in the Choctaw County HD. One was DOA, the second allowed itself to be shooed out, but the third went nuts. Husbands were called and they chased it around the building until it finally fell over dead from exhaustion and shock.

They took it out to the tree line and left it. As they were walking away, it got up and ran off.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      We had three deer break through a large glass window in the Choctaw County HD. One was DOA, the second allowed itself to be shooed out, but the third went nuts. Husbands were called and they chased it around the building until it finally fell over dead from exhaustion and shock.

They took it out to the tree line and left it. As they were walking away, it got up and ran off.
      Yup, a Pastor friend of mine over in Huntsville Tx told me that a buck broke into their Church through a glass window, cut himself in the process, ran all around the inside of the Church spreading blood everywhere, and apparently couldn't figure out how to get out. At 3 AM Sunday Morning, police got there, entered through the broken window, opened all the doors to try to let the deer out, but it had lost so much blood they had to put it down.

Church had to be cancelled that Sunday because of the blood everywhere and the chairs turned over, and general mega-mess.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

OK, cop story....

I was on patrol on the east end of the county, when one of our deputies called "out of the car on a traffic stop" on a major highway on the west end of the county. I began heading that way for backup, but got flagged down by a motorist asking for directions.
        I got detained by this motorist for a bit, but dispatch got concerned, and called my radio car to see if I could assist the other unit - he hadn't called back in saying he was ok - or anything!

I headed on over to the west end of the county to where he had reported he was out of the car. As I approached the scene, there were multiple vehicles stopped, and a crowed facing away from the road, looking up a hill to a fence line running parallel to the highway.

I could see a couple of people up there, and what looked like a deer.

I got out of my car, and walked up the hill, and the people were all yelling "HELP HIM!"

The deer had been hit by a car, and John followed it up the hill to see if the deer needed to be dispatched (shot in the head, for you kiddies). The deer charged John, pinning him to the big cyclone fence, and the butt of John's .357 revolver was lodged in the links of the fence. John was beating the deer over the head with his flashlight with his left hand, while wrestling to get his firearm dislodged from the fence so he could shoot this deer.

(For those of you who know Jerry Clower, this is downright hilarious, particularly the fact that my partner's name was John)

As I approached John and the deer, the crowd was yelling "Shoo, deer, go away", and John was beating the deer on the head with the flashlight, the deer was spurting blood everywhere, the deer had ripped Johns uniform pants open, and his legs were bleeding (and some of that blood was the deer's) and John saw me approaching. He began yelling "Shoot this thing!"

(Again, if you know Jerry Clower, this is hilarious) I knew it was a serious situation, but I was laughing so hard, and John was yelling "SHOOT this thing!" And I tried circling around for a clean shot, John still yelling "SHOOT this thing"

Of course, the proper response would have been...

me: I can't shoot, John, I might hit YOU!
        John: Well then shoot up here amongst us, cause ONE of us needs some relief!!!!

(I couldn't bring myself to do that)

Finally, as I circled around (the deer was still pushing John into the fence with the deer's shoulder) and felt like I could safely dispatch the deer, he just collapsed, lay there panting, and died.

I don't know how many times I've had to tell that story on John when we've been in meetings, or parties, or just about anywhere.
        that is quite a story. Did he need any special treatment for the cuts from the antlers?
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

After all these stories, I'm convinced that we need to start a "ban all deer" movement! They are just loaded guns waiting to go off!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

None of these stories is better than my staring down a Siberian Tiger story!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I wonder what that would look like if there wasn't a cage involved?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                that is quite a story. Did he need any special treatment for the cuts from the antlers?
                He didn't get any cuts from the antlers - it was cuts from the hooves, cause they are sharp and deadly. Yes, he needed about 30 stitches, but no permanent damage.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    There was no cage!

...it was more of a moat and a short fence.

Comment

Why do my posts keep re-posting by themselves?

Comment

Another pet peeve. So I'm out in the woods early before Church, and the fields are full of singing Bobolinks, a flock of clucking turkeys, crows, finches, sparrows - it was nature's Symphony... And here comes this idiot with earbuds listening to rap, so loud I could hear it... Why? Just why!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Another pet peeve. So I'm out in the woods early before Church, and the fields are full of singing Bobolinks, a flock of clucking turkeys, crows, finches, sparrows - it was nature's Symphony... And here comes this idiot with earbuds listening to rap, so loud I could hear it... Why? Just why!
                          Satan

Comment

Satin
                            Fify.

You're welcome.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              fify.

You're welcome.
                              drat!

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                Fify.

You're welcome.
                                00000000000000ars7ca.jpeg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment