Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Paul: the thirteenth apostle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    As an aside, they never reached the end.
    I believe those were NIGHTS in White Satin.

Comment

You've never actually read the Bible, have you? Only some bastardized version of it, right?
      He probably reads antiChristian atheist sites and regurgitates what he read there here.

Comment

You've never actually read the Bible, have you? Only some bastardized version of it, right?
        It's amazing how little knowledge JimL seems to have of the Bible and Christian beliefs considering "all his family members" are Christian and he allegedly grew up one.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I believe those were NIGHTS in White Satin.
          Thank you for stepping on the joke.

I bet you were one of those kids who took great pleasure in ripping the wings off of flies

Now you've gone and made me feel moody and blue. Just what I'm going through [you] can't understand

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
            The Greek text does not actually say Andronicus and Junia are apostles. . . . εισιν επισημοι εν τοις αποστολοις . . . . are noted among the apostles . . . .
            I'm aware there is some debate about it.

Not being a Greek scholar myself, I am content to accept the testimony of scholars like Keener -- "The most natural way to read the Greek phrase is that both were apostles; some modern interpreters have rejected this reading mainly because they presuppose that women could never fill this office" (Bible Background Commentary) -- that such translations as the NIV, ISV, NRSV, and CEB are correct.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

No. Paul had other men with him. While they also saw the light but did not see Jesus or hear clearly what was spoken to Saul . They took blinded Saul to the other Christians per Saul's instructions.
              According to Paul at least.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                It's amazing how little knowledge JimL seems to have of the Bible and Christian beliefs considering "all his family members" are Christian and he allegedly grew up one.
                It's amazing how little knowledge most christians seem to have of the bible considering they grew up christian. I have much more knowledge of it than most christians do, and I certainly have enough knowledge to know better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  He probably reads antiChristian atheist sites and regurgitates what he read there here.
                  Seriously, it seems he reads very immature antiChristian atheist sites - the arguments and "questions" he presents are so dumb. It's like a bunch of 12 year old boys are trying to attack Christianity, and he's onboard.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    It's amazing how little knowledge most christians seem to have of the bible considering they grew up christian. I have much more knowledge of it than most christians do, and I certainly have enough knowledge to know better.
                    Galations? Satin? uhhuh
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

While I agree that Christians in general should be better informed, your claim to know more than most Christians is not well-supported by your posts here.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

According to Paul at least.
                        Also Ananias. And other witnesses with him. Luke who recorded it.

Saul was blind from the event. He needed someone to lead him to where Ananias was.

And prior to the even Saul and his crew were seeking out followers of the Way to have then killed.
                        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Also Ananias. And other witnesses with him. Luke who recorded it.

Saul was blind from the event. He needed someone to lead him to where Ananias was.

And prior to the even Saul and his crew were seeking out followers of the Way to have then killed.
                          According to Paul at least. Luke wasn't there!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            While I agree that Christians in general should be better informed, your claim to know more than most Christians is not well-supported by your posts here.
                            Well, then you don't know christians in general.

Comment

Well, then you don't know christians in general.
                              Have you not figured out by now that your unsupported assertions don't carry much weight with me? Your posts show that you know surprisingly little, given you've been debating Christians here for at least a decade, your upbringing, and your relatives. Perhaps your sample pool is similarly ignorant.

sigpic

Comment

According to Paul at least. Luke wasn't there!
                                God was.

Comment