Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Paul: the thirteenth apostle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    So god related the events as they are recorded in Acts to Luke?
    According to Paul, at least. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sounds like the argument a fraud would make. Anyway, many if not most biblical scholars think 2 Peter was not written by the disciple due to the belief that Peter was martyred long before 2 Peter was written. So who was the auther? Partner in crime perhaps?
      20627031.jpg

Here is an article that examines all of the evidence for and against Peter being the author.
      https://bible.org/article/authorship-second-peter

Basically the reasons for thinking he is not the author are pretty thin. In fact, the early Church was very careful in what they allowed in the canon precisely because there were a lot of forgeries going around. The fact that they accepted it as canon speaks to it's authenticity since the church would not want a deceptive letter as part of Scripture.

Comment

According to Paul at least.
        I know you are but what am I?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I know you are but what am I?
          Follower of a false prophet it would seem.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            I don't believe Jim has any Christian family members as he says. It's only according to Jim. Nobody else here is an eyewitness. So he must be lying.
            How do we know that the person posting here is really JimL? It could be a pseudo-JimL pretending to be him.

Comment

Follower of a false prophet it would seem.
              I'm rubber and you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!

Comment

How do we know that the person posting here is really JimL? It could be a pseudo-JimL pretending to be him.
                Now you're getting it, Sparko.

Comment

But! He says he is Jim!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

But! He says he is Jim!
                    So, you're catching on too I see, mossrose!

Comment

Now you're getting it, Sparko.
                      That you are a moronic troll who thinks he is way more clever than he is? Yeah we got that long ago Jim.

Comment

So, you're catching on too I see, mossrose!
                        I caught on long ago that no question you ask is sincere.

And when your own flawed logic is tossed back at you it goes right over your head. Maybe if you take your fingers out of your ears you'd catch it.
                        Last edited by mossrose; 04-27-2018, 10:50 AM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I caught on long ago that no question you ask is sincere.
                          This is not always the case.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            This is not always the case.

Got a link to a question Jim has asked that is a sincere, genuine query?

Comment

I thought this thread started out alright.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                I thought this thread started out alright.
                                Maybe. But it degenerated fairly quickly into Jim not being interested in what he was being told.

Comment