Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Destruction Of Kanye West...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Bannon as a senior advisor is evidence Trump doesn't care about blacks. Charlottesville is evidence Trump doesn't care about blacks. "All of them have HIV" is evidence Trump doesn't care about blacks. "Shit-hole countries" is evidence Trump doesn't care about blacks. A full page ad demanding the death penalty on five framed black teenagers is evidence Trump doesn't care about blacks.

Hell, he and his dad cut their teeth in real estate redlining African Americans.

So yeah, supporting Trump is evidence folks don't care about blacks.

There's no comparison on that with Dubya, who was a lot of things, but never a racist.

For me it was behind a paywall (something WaPo must have recently started) and I hate when someone else links to something that isn't readily accessible.
    So you leave it entirely inaccessible. Score.

You have petulantly
    Whinge.

made unsubstantiated claims of plagiarism
    Other than providing the link to your original source and full quotes for comparison of the word-for-word steal.

when you've been busted and that you utterly refused to back up
    Other than the part where I backed it up.

-- even though I provided a long list of the exact sources that I used
    There was just the one, and it was word for word.

(like while discussing Islam and where you also didn't know the difference between an ayat and a surah while accusing me of being the one who was confused).
    You cited an earlier Surah. That makes no sense. Surah cannot be ordered by date.

Ayah can.
    Gabe to Muhammad:

Ayah Jan 1. Roses are red.
    Ayah Jan 2. Sugar is sweet.
    Ayah Jan 3. Violents are blue.

Surah The Flowers

Ayah Jan 1. Roses are red.
    Ayah Jan 3. Violents are blue.

Surah The Candy

Ayah Jan 2. Sugar is sweet.

Surah can't.

Your google-fu skills must suck since it was literally the first link I checked after typing Slate, West, Alt-Right into the search field.
    I just wanted to see what Slate was saying about West, not being interested in cherry picking, like y'all. But after checking those poopity scoop lyrics, the thrill of discovery left the building.

I don't think his show is syndicated so it would be hard for me to pick it up. As for you're gripping about the footnote...
    You're saying there's a source missing. Quelle surprise.

Your "piss-poor news source" lied through their teeth about his wife being one who is worried about his sanity because of his support for Trump: "apparently alarmed his wife, Kim Kardashian West

In reality she has been steadfastly defending him (calling him a "free thinker") and slamming those for saying this somehow proves he's insane. In a tweet Kim Kardashian wrote:

And

Seems like in the second one that she had the New York Times specifically in mind.

So why is the New York Times making things up? Filling a "fake news" quota?

So then why did the New York Times feel it was necessary to concoct a load of codswallop about what his wife thinks?
    So rouge thinks the Times was making up a story about Kardashian believing Kanye's deranged.

And now I've got you on quote-mining, too.

"Your "piss-poor news source" lied through their teeth about his wife being one who is worried about his sanity."

No, they didn't.

So the Times piss-poor, making-it-all-up reporting was actually just you making it all up, and effectively cribbing from the passage you omitted to prove your case.

Lying through your teeth, indeed.

A truly convincing rebuttal. Gotta admire how you marshaled your evidence and presented in such a logical manner making any rebuttal pointless
    Rebuttals are never intended for those facing challenges with reading comprehension.

It showed up any number of places. I grabbed the one that looked most likely to earn him money. That blog is a thief.

The View 11:00 EDT NBC April 26, 2018
    Thanks for the cite. Don't make me hold your feet to the fire next time.

If nothing else convinces you, it gives you good standing for a full on whack at JimL.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      How, not honest? If the right wing had a beef with the "center" (which is, after all, to its left), it would be dishonest of them to ignore that.
      If the math doesn't work, it's dishonest.

Recall, this was about "the left wing MSM." He wasn't merely asserting the MSM is left of the right wing.

I've got plenty of beefs with the MSM myself, and here I'm not even talking about broadcast, which features personalities who by the first commandment of journalism I learned in junior high fall woefully far from the fourth estate.
      Thou shalt not make oneself part of the story.

"Advertising a journalist" is an oxymoron, and all of these broadcast outlets do it, a lot.

Doing journalism right is hard work, and takes a solid team supporting the reporters. I suspect not many around here, excluding myself, have seen their bylines in a newspaper before. For perspective, they're just as likely to have missed the inestimable experience of seeing a front page correction on one of your stories.

I had a bad angle on the panel, and mistakenly attributed the wrong name-tag to a quote eviscerating the cited name-tag's boss.

"Oops."

The criticisms of the press I'm seeing are not well informed, at best, and at worst, recklessly irresponsible. Without a functioning press, this country will fall apart under the pressure of competing alternate realities. Unbiased, straight news is important, important enough to push back against bias whenever we can identify it.

I'm leery of an America where folks are led on to war to avenge the Bowling Green massacre.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        What was lao tsu saying about false representations again? The liberals and fellow blacks have really turned on this guy.
        Pew Landscape Survey, 31 percent of American Christians think homosexuality should be discouraged, so there's room for thinking they should be slaughtered, but 62 percent of American Christians think it should be accepted, so there's solid pressure to keep that kind of belief in check.

Showing the other side, and showing relative strengths for perspective, is all you need to identify most fringe positions, and how worrisome they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
          obsidian thinks all gays should be killed. He wasn't kidding. He said so repeatedly, and most memorably, for me, he said so a couple of weeks after the massacre at Pulse nightclub, a bit further up the road from me than Parkland.
          This is a pretty compelling rejoinder, to be honest. If nothing else, I hope it can serve as a dissuasive to the tu quoque style of argumentation that I see a lot in Civics (in particular from rogue).
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Steve Bannon as a senior advisor is evidence Trump doesn't care about blacks. Charlottesville is evidence Trump doesn't care about blacks. "All of them have HIV" is evidence Trump doesn't care about blacks. "Edited by a Moderator-hole countries" is evidence Trump doesn't care about blacks. A full page ad demanding the death penalty on five framed black teenagers is evidence Trump doesn't care about blacks.
            Just. Wow.

You asked for a link that shows CNN's Don Lemon indicating that Kanye West does "not care about black people." Since it was on TV and links to that can prove rather difficult to furnish, I gave you the quote where Lemon states it since I still had the episode on my DVR.

Your response?

Did you acknowledge it or even challenge it? No. Instead you full bore ignore mode hoping to distract and deflect by descending into a rant about Trump being a racist. Maybe in lao-world that's how you concede a point.

As for Trump, I'll simply note that his saying that there are bad actors on both sides after Charlottesville is proof of your accusation is countered by the indesputable fact that he was right. Even the most cursory examination at the stunts pulled off by groups like antifa and BLM reveal this and to say otherwise is at best being disingenuously dishonest.

As for Bannon (well so much for "I'll simply note") I guess you'll now agree that Obama having an avowed Marxists on his staff and someone who said Mao was one of her role models (or something to that effect) therefore means that Obama is a communist. Right?

And likewise Obama calling Libya a [expletive for feces]-house country can be seen as proof that Obama hates folks from the Middle East or Muslims in general.

As an aside I have been in Haiti (apparently around the same time that was), and calling it a "poop"-hole is a pretty accurate appraisal. In fact it may not have gone far enough.

Whinge.
            It's okay. I still like you.

Other than providing the link to your original source and full quotes for comparison of the word-for-word steal.

Other than the part where I backed it up.
            Link to it or retract.

The only person I ever recall accusing me of plagiarizing something and providing a link to the "source" was FrankTalk before the crash during a discussion about evolution. It was immediately apparent that I had not copied anything from that source and several other posters informed him of that. And at the time I noted that this source had a great graphic that I would have shamelessly lifted to illustrate my point if I had been aware of it[1].

There was just the one, and it was word for word.
            Link to it or retract.

You cited an earlier Surah. That makes no sense. Surah cannot be ordered by date.
            You claimed that I had mixed up surahs and ayats when it was embarrassingly obvious you were the one who was confused. And while the qur'an is organized by chapter length rather than chronology it will come as shocking news to Islamic scholars that it cannot be ordered by date. Then again, no surprise that you are blissfully ignorant of that given you don't know the difference between a surah and an ayat.

I just wanted to see what Slate was saying about West, not being interested in cherry picking, like y'all. But after checking those poopity scoop lyrics, the thrill of discovery left the building.
            Pretty weak excuse for having really bad google-fu skills. Again, it was "literally the first link I checked after typing Slate, West, Alt-Right into the search field." The first one.

You're saying there's a source missing. Quelle surprise.
            No. I provided the source. What is difficult is giving an url to a specific radio show as you demanded. Then again if the difference between ayats and surahs confound you I guess I shouldn't be too shocked that the difference between naming the source and proving an url evades you as well.

So rouge thinks the Times was making up a story about Kardashian believing Kanye's deranged.

And now I've got you on quote-mining, too.

"Your "piss-poor news source" lied through their teeth about his wife being one who is worried about his sanity."

No, they didn't.

So the Times piss-poor, making-it-all-up reporting was actually just you making it all up, and effectively cribbing from the passage you omitted to prove your case.

Lying through your teeth, indeed.
            So lao thinks Kim Kardashian now making it clear that she disagrees with her husband about Trump somehow validates the New York Times concocted fabrication that she was worried about his mental health. But at least thanks for re-posting her refutation of that made up "fake news"

It showed up any number of places. I grabbed the one that looked most likely to earn him money. That blog is a thief.
            From what it said at the bottom about him it appears that he may no longer be associated with Newsbusters any longer. So I'm not sure where it was first published. Still you had no difficulty telling me that was my source and now you have backtracked at whiplash inducing speed to "I grabbed the one that looked most likely to earn him money."

Thanks for the cite.
            And yet when I simply gave you a source without an url earlier you mocked about how the source was missing.

1. When I first started posting here I did use a graphic that Glen Morton scolded me for saying that he didn't mind that I used it but wanted it attributed to him. I had just discovered Google images and wasn't aware of what, or who, the original source was.
            Last edited by rogue06; 05-03-2018, 02:36 PM. Reason: rant not ramp

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

obsidian thinks all gays should be killed. He wasn't kidding. He said so repeatedly, and most memorably, for me, he said so a couple of weeks after the massacre at Pulse nightclub, a bit further up the road from me than Parkland.
              Truly reprehensible and IIRC he was lambasted by a number of Christians for it.

As an aside, on another forum I quit posting on back in September there is a particularly prolific poster who was quite openly celebrating the massacre (btw, he isn't Christian) and was similarly chastised. But since he is a "protected" poster the site removed his post and then disciplined those who took him to task for quoting a (now) non-existent post. You can ask Tiggy about it (I think he's still a regular poster there).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What happens when you go off the leftist reservation...

Detroit radio station boycotting Kanye West music after controversial comments

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...-controversial
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                  Even though Kanye can be crazy as hell but he and others have inspired me.
                  Also others!

Yuge!
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                    Also others!

Yuge!
                    This is interesting, I wonder if West's support has anything to do with this. Black guys, for the most part, are still men, perhaps they relate to Trump's alpha male persona...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      This is interesting, I wonder if West's support has anything to do with this.
                      What else caused that change in one week?

Black guys, for the most part, are still men, perhaps they relate to Trump's alpha male persona...
                      Trump likes gold bling of his, in some ways kindred spirits with rappers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...n_Donald_Trump

Also lots of blacks look up to 'The Man'.
                      Last edited by demi-conservative; 05-04-2018, 02:44 PM.
                      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        What happens when you go off the leftist reservation...

Detroit radio station boycotting Kanye West music after controversial comments

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...-controversial
                        I think Kaney's music can be boycotted on its own terms.
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

It looks like Trump's popularity among blacks rose sharply after Kanye's statements (up from 11% to 22% in one week according to Reuters). Still not exactly through the roof and no telling how long it'll last.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            It looks like Trump's popularity among blacks rose sharply after Kanye's statements (up from 11% to 22% in one week according to Reuters). Still not exactly through the roof and no telling how long it'll last.
                            And no telling how long before Trump tweets something to undo that.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              And no telling how long before Trump tweets something to undo that.
                              I doubt it'll last long even if Trump doesn't screw it up.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I doubt it'll last long even if Trump doesn't screw it up.
                                Agreed.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment