Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Gary Piper Author of Glory Seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Piper Author of Glory Seeds

June 15th, 1946 to April 26th, 2018
    Gary Gene Piper, 71, of Fort Gratiot, went home to be with the Lord on Thursday, April 26, 2018.

He was born June 15, 1946 in Yale to the late Harley and Dorothy Piper. He married Patricia Booth on March 9, 1968 in Fort Gratiot.

Mr. Piper was employed with Mueller Brass Company for nearly 42 years. He was an evangelist with the Community of Christ Richmond Congregation and the author and creator of Glory Seeds Devotionals. Gary served in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War and was a member of V.F.W. Charles Schoor Post #796. He was a former member of the Fort Gratiot Township Fire Department and was named Fireman of the Year in 1976.

He is survived by his wife, Patti; two sons, Troy (Patricia) Piper and Aaron Piper; two grandchildren, Ethan Fike and Dylan Piper; two great grandchildren, Colton and Oliver Fike; four siblings, Alan (Susan) Piper, Diane Brown, Randy Piper and Billy D. Piper (Barbara Atkins); a brother-in-law, Robert M. (Susan) Lambert; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by two nieces, Jodi Piper and Cara Lambert.

Visitation will be 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Tuesday in Pollock-Randall Funeral Home.

Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, May 2, 2018 in Wadhams Grove Community of Christ. Gary’s son, Pastor Troy Piper, will officiate.

Burial will be in Great Lakes National Cemetery, Holly. Military honors will be conducted by the U.S. Navy and the St. Clair County Allied Veterans Honor Guard.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Community of Christ, Richmond, or V.F.W. Charles Schoor Post #796. To send condolences, visit www.pollockrandall.com

http://pollockrandall.com/obituaries/13247

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If someone could pass this on to DDW, I think she'd appreciate it.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

If someone could pass this on to DDW, I think she'd appreciate it.
        I sent her a message on FB.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Rest in Peace Gary!
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Last Glory Seed

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...12573691240469

Friends are Friend’s Forever
              If the Lord’s the Lord of them
              And a friend will not say never
              ‘Cause the welcome will not end
              Though it’s hard to let you go
              In the Father’s hands we know
              That a lifetime’s not too long to live as friends.

Brother’s and Sister’s,
              I am writing you to thank you for the journey we have shared together for so many years, we have walked a path together that has had many twists and turns. When I sat down many years ago to begin this journey I never dreamed that my life would be touched as much as it has been, never dreamed that Glory Seeds would become what it is. Your presence in my life has brought great joy to me as I have journeyed my path through the many challenges, it has been through your presence and prayer that I have overcome those obstacles and have been victorious.

It is with both joy and sorrow that I am coming to you today, our journey has come to an end and now we must part. We have come to the point in our journey that brings us to a fork in the path, I have to take the path that God has laid out for me and you must continue on your path. While I may not be with you physically, I will always be with you. In the sweet and sacred place that is within each and every one of us we will still be together. When we started this journey together it was my dream that we could deepen our walk with God together, that we could learn from each other. Today my challenge to you is that you not let the work end here, this family we have built together is just the beginning of a work that is greater than you or I. Pick up the torch and continue the race, we are a blessed people and need to be a blessing to others. We are blessed to be a blessing, it is our calling to go forth and fulfill that calling. My mission for you is to go forth and bless!

The time has come for us to part ways, however, this is not good bye! I leave you with these parting words by M. Dixson, As I travel down the paths of life, I long for the journey’s end for my destination is with my savior resting in the arms of my best friend.

Written by Troy Piper for his Dad.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X