Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller's questions for Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Make credibility a factor and so we know you have not been seduced by the dark side, do please give us a few words on why newspapers protect their sources. Who are the sources protected from?
    The fact that newspapers and other outlets sometimes have a legitimate need to protect their sources for fear of retribution or whatever does not change the fact that it's incredibly easy just to make up a story and pretend there are "unnamed sources".

Not a tremendously difficult concept to grasp.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I thought you were going with the tale that these were actually Mueller's questions? Change your mind now?
      No, they are Muellers questions, and you can be sure that he already knows the answers to most of them. But what I'm saying is that the list that was released was probably the same list as it was rewritten in simple english by Trumps legal team so that the idiot Trump could better understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        The fact that newspapers and other outlets sometimes have a legitimate need to protect their sources for fear of retribution or whatever does not change the fact that it's incredibly easy just to make up a story and pretend there are "unnamed sources".

And of course if it's a story that you don't like, then it must be the result of unethical journalist's making stuff up because that's what the know nothing, non-journalist, propagandists, talking heads, along with the biggest liar of them all, D.J. Trump himself, tell you to believe. Sad! Btw, deep throat was code for the unnamed source in the watergate debacle, and conservatives didn't believe Woodward and Bernstein either.
        Last edited by JimL; 05-02-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          And of course if it's a story that you don't like, then it must be the result of unethical journalist's making stuff up because that's what the know nothing, non-journalist, propagandists, talking heads, along with the biggist liar of them all, D.J. Trump himself, tell you to believe. Sad!
          Please dial down the hysteria, Jim. It's the stories that are subsequently proven false, not the ones I don't like. Why do you have to behave in such a childish manner?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, they are Muellers questions, and you can be sure that he already knows the answers to most of them. But what I'm saying is that the list that was released was probably the same list as it was rewritten in simple english by Trumps legal team so that the idiot Trump could better understand it.
            Your story keeps changing, Jim.

Comment

Please dial down the hysteria, Jim. It's the stories that are subsequently proven false, not the ones I don't like. Why do you have to behave in such a childish manner?
              No hysteria CP, just a lot of malarkey on your part. The MSM, and you all say it all the time, is fake news according to you brainwashed Trumpsters.

Comment

Your story keeps changing, Jim.
                Really, did my story change, or are you having trouble comprehending? Obviously the latter is true!

Comment

No hysteria CP, just a lot of malarkey on your part. The MSM, and you all say it all the time, is fake news according to you brainwashed Trumpsters.
                  Actually, I don't say that all the time, and you're just being a dishonest Again, you're being incredibly childish.

How bout this - why don't you post your 10 best examples of me claiming that MSM is fake news?

Comment

Actually, I don't say that all the time, and you're just being a dishonest Again, you're being incredibly childish.

How bout this - why don't you post your 10 best examples of me claiming that MSM is fake news?
                    Jim isn't saying that you in particular say it all the time. He's painting with his usual broad brush, which covers everyone who voted for Trump for any reason whatsoever with the same weak whitewash. Asking him to back it up with actual proof isn't going to get you anywhere.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

But facts can be checked so journalists that value their reputation do not make stuff up. Those that do are propagandists or advertisers sometimes masquerading as journalists. We have to be able to tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        But facts can be checked so journalists that value their reputation do not make stuff up.
                        There have actually been some high profile cases where this is simply not true. Are you not aware of them?

Comment

There have actually been some high profile cases where this is simply not true. Are you not aware of them?
                          I'll call that bluff.

"Journalists that value their reputation making stuff up."

Go preacha, go preacha ...

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                            I'll call that bluff.

"Journalists that value their reputation making stuff up."

Go preacha, go preacha ...
                            You think Jayson Blair didn't give two figs about his reputation?
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

So, CNN, based on the fact that these questions don't sound like something a lawyer would write (and I agree), and the grammar is odd.... thinks these questions were leaked by Trump.
                              The questions are sourced to Jay Sekulow, who, to be fair to the profession, isn't much of a lawyer, though i hear he takes decent notes, even if he's not much of a grammarian, either. On that, I hear his boss isn't especially demanding.

No idea why you're sourcing CNN. They've added nothing, from what I can tell. The questions story was broken by the Times and has since been confirmed by multiple others, including the Post, and even Fox News. So just mebbe this may not be the most opportune moment to bluster on about journalists, concerned about their reputations, making stuff up.

No fair using Hannity. He calls himself a journalist, and seems concerned enough about his reputation to push back at his conflicts of interest, but like fair and balanced on FNC, it doesn't mean much.

Paranoia of the faceless "left" aside, it's clear Sekulow's office thinks there's mileage in portraying the questions as beyond Mueller's mandate. The left, by and large, from what I'm reading, doesn't seem to think Mueller needs their help.

Trump, on the other hand, just brought in a conspiracy theorist who looks good on TV, natch, to replace Cobb, marking a full recycle of his legal team. You had to know that mustache would be too wearing on the don.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                You think Jayson Blair didn't give two figs about his reputation?
                                Just one more and you'll make it into the plurals.

Comment