Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller's questions for Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    This is more like a list of questions the left wants Meuller to ask Trump.
    This is more like a list of questions that the right doesn't want Mueller to ask Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      EGGzackly.
      Still defending the guy you don't support at every turn I see.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        This is more like a list of questions that the right doesn't want Mueller to ask Trump.
        Hyuck, Hyuck! wow you're a real comedian! How do you think of such clever comebacks?

If these were Meuller's questions, then why won't they give a source of where they got them? Just another anonymous claim by the Failing New York Times.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          The NYT is claiming to have a list of Mueller's questions for Trump.

Speculation: Presumably it was leaked to them by Trump's legal team. It also appears to be incomplete as it includes no financial questions.

Here are the questions:

What did you know about phone calls that Mr. Flynn made with the Russian ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, in late December 2016?

What was your reaction to news reports on Jan. 12, 2017, and Feb. 8-9, 2017?

What did you know about Sally Yates’s meetings about Mr. Flynn?

How was the decision made to fire Mr. Flynn on Feb. 13, 2017?

After the resignations, what efforts were made to reach out to Mr. Flynn about seeking immunity or possible pardon?

What was your opinion of Mr. Comey during the transition?

What did you think about Mr. Comey’s intelligence briefing on Jan. 6, 2017, about Russian election interference?

What was your reaction to Mr. Comey’s briefing that day about other intelligence matters?

What was the purpose of your Jan. 27, 2017, dinner with Mr. Comey, and what was said?

What was the purpose of your Feb. 14, 2017, meeting with Mr. Comey, and what was said?

What did you know about the F.B.I.’s investigation into Mr. Flynn and Russia in the days leading up to Mr. Comey’s testimony on March 20, 2017?

What did you do in reaction to the March 20 testimony? Describe your contacts with intelligence officials.

What did you think and do in reaction to the news that the special counsel was speaking to Mr. Rogers, Mr. Pompeo and Mr. Coats?

What was the purpose of your calls to Mr. Comey on March 30 and April 11, 2017?

What was the purpose of your April 11, 2017, statement to Maria Bartiromo?

What did you think and do about Mr. Comey’s May 3, 2017, testimony?

Regarding the decision to fire Mr. Comey: When was it made? Why? Who played a role?

What did you mean when you told Russian diplomats on May 10, 2017, that firing Mr. Comey had taken the pressure off?

What did you mean in your interview with Lester Holt about Mr. Comey and Russia?

What was the purpose of your May 12, 2017, tweet?

What did you think about Mr. Comey’s June 8, 2017, testimony regarding Mr. Flynn, and what did you do about it?

What was the purpose of the September and October 2017 statements, including tweets, regarding an investigation of Mr. Comey?

What is the reason for your continued criticism of Mr. Comey and his former deputy, Andrew G. McCabe?

What did you think and do regarding the recusal of Mr. Sessions?

What efforts did you make to try to get him to change his mind?

Did you discuss whether Mr. Sessions would protect you, and reference past attorneys general?

What did you think and what did you do in reaction to the news of the appointment of the special counsel?

Why did you hold Mr. Sessions’s resignation until May 31, 2017, and with whom did you discuss it?

What discussions did you have with Reince Priebus in July 2017 about obtaining the Sessions resignation? With whom did you discuss it?

What discussions did you have regarding terminating the special counsel, and what did you do when that consideration was reported in January 2018?

What was the purpose of your July 2017 criticism of Mr. Sessions?

When did you become aware of the Trump Tower meeting?

What involvement did you have in the communication strategy, including the release of Donald Trump Jr.’s emails?

During a 2013 trip to Russia, what communication and relationships did you have with the Agalarovs and Russian government officials?

What communication did you have with Michael D. Cohen, Felix Sater and others, including foreign nationals, about Russian real estate developments during the campaign?

What discussions did you have during the campaign regarding any meeting with Mr. Putin? Did you discuss it with others?

What discussions did you have during the campaign regarding Russian sanctions?

What involvement did you have concerning platform changes regarding arming Ukraine?

During the campaign, what did you know about Russian hacking, use of social media or other acts aimed at the campaign?

What knowledge did you have of any outreach by your campaign, including by Paul Manafort, to Russia about potential assistance to the campaign?

What did you know about communication between Roger Stone, his associates, Julian Assange or WikiLeaks?

What did you know during the transition about an attempt to establish back-channel communication to Russia, and Jared Kushner’s efforts?

What do you know about a 2017 meeting in Seychelles involving Erik Prince?

What do you know about a Ukrainian peace proposal provided to Mr. Cohen in 2017?

Worth noting also that Trump's lawyer John Dowd resigned from representing Trump about 2 weeks after seeing those questions.
          Those are the sort of questions that the low man on a legal team sends an opposing attorney at the very beginning of an investigation -- not one that has been under way for a year. What it looks like is that the Times got trolled big time.

Btw, if this is legit, a bunch of folks have speculated that the source of the leak was Dowd.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Those are the sort of questions that the low man on a legal team sends an opposing attorney at the very beginning of an investigation -- not one that has been under way for a year. What it looks like is that the Times got trolled big time.

Btw, if this is legit, a bunch of folks have speculated that the source of the leak was Dowd.
            Maureen?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

questions like "What did you think about Mr. Comey’s June 8, 2017, testimony regarding Mr. Flynn, and what did you do about it?" are not any sort of legal question Mueller would ask or could even ask and expect to get a response from. Most of the questions are like that and are nothing a lawyer would bother sending to the other side in discovery or in an investigation.

That is why I said these look to be more like a list of questions the left would like him to ask not an actual list.

Comment

questions like "What did you think about Mr. Comey’s June 8, 2017, testimony regarding Mr. Flynn, and what did you do about it?" are not any sort of legal question Mueller would ask or could even ask and expect to get a response from. Most of the questions are like that and are nothing a lawyer would bother sending to the other side in discovery or in an investigation.

That is why I said these look to be more like a list of questions the left would like him to ask not an actual list.
                Yeah, something isn't right about this. That's why I said it looks like the Times got trolled by someone.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Of course what I'd really like to see is a list of questions that Mueller wants to ask Comey. Or McCabe. Or Steele. Or even Hillary and Obama.

Comment

Maureen?
                    His former lawyer that recently quit.

Comment

Of course what I'd really like to see is a list of questions that Mueller wants to ask Comey. Or McCabe. Or Steele. Or even Hillary and Obama.
                      Pssssshhhhhhh
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"Mrs Clinton, what evidence would you like me to cover up for you?"

Comment

"Mrs Clinton, what evidence would you like me to cover up for you?"
                          OK, going back to the archives....

Comment

OK, going back to the archives....

Right. Hillary's memory problems should have disqualified her as a presidential candidate.

Comment

Yeah.

I don't know why lawyers even bother drafting interrogatories, though; they very rarely provide anything useful, in my experience.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

So, CNN, based on the fact that these questions don't sound like something a lawyer would write (and I agree), and the grammar is odd.... thinks these questions were leaked by Trump.

Mueller's former assistant says grammatical errors prove leaked questions came from Trump
                                “Because of the way these questions are written ... lawyers wouldn’t write questions this way, in my estimation. Some of the grammar is not even proper," he continued. "So, I don’t see this as a list of written questions that Mueller’s office gave to the president. I think these are more notes that the White House has taken and then they have expanded upon the conversation to write out these as questions.”

Comment