Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Masculinity: A Mental Health Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Star doesn't get it that I don't care what the majority thinks. The majority is often wrong, as in the 2 denominations he
    Is referring to. Both are extremely liberal, and go along with every social issue that comes down the pipe.

He'd fit right in there with either, though. I consider neither denominations as Christian.
    What God has told us doesn't get decided by a vote.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Joshua and Caleb were in the minority - 2 to 10. God blessed them mightily, and judged the majority quite harshly. Joshua and Caleb believed God.
      Yeah God isn't so much into popularity contests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        I take it this is an in-group out-group thing and she's sweet to those she considers her in-group. Because, I dunno if you can read, but she isn't being particularly sweet to Roy and myself in this thread. In my years of posting here I've seen nothing but excessive nastiness from her toward people. Maybe she's nice to you personally, and that's tricked you into thinking she's "one of the sweetest people"? But do you even read the bile she spouts toward gay people and atheists constantly? Not to mention how vicious she gets when moderating posts that upset her.
        You're consistently nasty and hateful toward people not in your "in-group," so...meh.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          You're consistently nasty and hateful toward people not in your "in-group," so...meh.
          Not only that, he brings it HERE! It's not like we're invading an "Atheists R Us" site to pick on the boy! Then he pitches a hissy when somebody pushes back.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not only that, he brings it HERE! It's not like we're invading an "Atheists R Us" site to pick on the boy! Then he pitches a hissy when somebody pushes back.
            I expect he'll say something about how he's only that way towards immoral sociopaths, or some such.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              I expect he'll say something about how he's only that way towards immoral sociopaths, or some such.
              Ya had to make about ME again.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Again, YOU started the name calling, then got upset when she said you were deviant.

Whenever anyone mentions homosexuality you seem to go ballistic. I have no idea why but it seems to me you "protest too much." and get overly emotional and can't seem to discuss the topic civilly. You sir, are a drama queen.
                Actually I think it's many of you christians here Sparko who "doth protest to much." I think it's called homophobia, or the fear of having homosexual tendencies. That's seems to be the source of the hatred and aggression!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Actually I think it's many of you christians here Sparko who "doth protest to much." I think it's called homophobia, or the fear of having homosexual tendencies. That's seems to be the source of the hatred and aggression!

Don't be a twit, Jim. Again, there is no hatred of homosexuals, and I for one certainly do not fear them.

Homophobia is a nice liberal buzzword that doesn't mean what you think it means and it doesn't describe what God thinks about the sin.

And there is far more aggression from the liberals on this site toward believers than the reverse.

But, like most of your ilk, you won't see the hypocrisy in any of your words.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

This is about me, isn't it?
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                      This is about me, isn't it?
                      You're a perfect gentleman compared to ... um... some of your atheist bedfellows.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Actually I think it's many of you christians here Sparko who "doth protest to much."
                        too

I think it's called homophobia, or the fear of having homosexual tendencies.
                        No fear - you guys can be just as queer as you want.

That's seems to be the source of the hatred and aggression!
                        And the source of yours is... blatant anti-Christian bigotry?

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          Star doesn't get it that I don't care what the majority thinks. The majority is often wrong, as in the 2 denominations he
                          Is referring to. Both are extremely liberal, and go along with every social issue that comes down the pipe.

He'd fit right in there with either, though. I consider neither denominations as Christian.
                          They're also not in any stretch of the imagination the majority, given that there are six times as many Catholics as there are the next largest group, and the two combined arguably don't even constitute the majority of Protestants.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You're a perfect gentleman compared to ... um... some of your atheist bedfellows.
                            bedfellows?
                            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                              bedfellows?
                              Yeah, I started to fix that, then thought, what the heck. It'll give JimL something to rant about.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                They're also not in any stretch of the imagination the majority, given that there are six times as many Catholics as there are the next largest group, and the two combined arguably don't even constitute the majority of Protestants.
                                And a large number of their members don't agree with their stance on homosexuality either. Many have left, and many still remain because they want to change it from the inside.

Comment