Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Same Sex Marriages and Sexual Orientation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Fascinating.
    I'm fascinating?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      I'm fascinating?
      No, watching Carp try so hard not to give up a point in a discussion all the while insisting he doesn't dodge or dance.

Comment

What myth? You do not know that the adoptive parenting that we are speaking of does not generally follow the step parent model. We do know that adoptive children generally do worse over all:

The Paradox of Adoptionhttps://ifstudies.org/blog/the-paradox-of-adoption/

And I did not make a sweeping generalization, I said that you probably were a good step parent, I know I was.
        I addressed this. The data is fairly clear that adoptive parents actually spend more time, money, and effort in parenting than biological parents do. However, adoptive children will also, inevitably, have problems that bio-logical children won't. One of them is the pervasive view you just expressed, which undermines and diminishes. If society did not add the pressure, and use disparaging language (look up, someday, the source of the statement "put up for adoption"), and generally treat adoptive children as somehow less (are they your own children?), perhaps the phenomena you are describing wouldn't exist.

Really - it's like watching someone who beats on dogs that are yellow, and then say, "owners of dogs that are yellow are not as good owners of other dogs - look at how their dogs turn out."

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Right, so there we may be able add those adoptions with low requirements to the step parenting model.
        Which is why I said "maybe three"

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Again, but is that exclusive? That those who engage in this behavior never mate with the opposite sex?
        Are you looking for something specific here? Why is this question important to you?

I think I was fairly clear that permanent mating is rare throughout the animal kingdom, for all kinds of mating pairs (homo, hetero). It is even comparatively rare among humans. Studies have shown infidelity to be as high as 70% for women and 72% for men. In the U.S., almost 50% of marriages now end in divorce. That leaves comparatively few marriages that are monogamous from start to end and lifelong.

So I have no idea what you are trying to get at...
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I'm fascinating?
          I'm going to guess Sparko is going to make a comment about "dancing" or "dodging." He's been on a roll lately...
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

No, watching Carp try so hard not to give up a point in a discussion all the while insisting he doesn't dodge or dance.
            Bingo!

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
              I'm going to guess Sparko is going to make a comment about "dancing" or "dodging." He's been on a roll lately...
              Your "guess" came 4 minutes after he made the statement. Do you watch your dog sit, then quickly command "SIT" to pretend like you were in command?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Your "guess" came 4 minutes after he made the statement. Do you watch your dog sit, then quickly command "SIT" to pretend like you were in command?
                you beat me to it!

Comment

Bingo!

Comment

I addressed this. The data is fairly clear that adoptive parents actually spend more time, money, and effort in parenting than biological parents do. However, adoptive children will also, inevitably, have problems that bio-logical children won't. One of them is the pervasive view you just expressed, which undermines and diminishes. If society did not add the pressure, and use disparaging language (look up, someday, the source of the statement "put up for adoption"), and generally treat adoptive children as somehow less (are they your own children?), perhaps the phenomena you are describing wouldn't exist.

Really - it's like watching someone who beats on dogs that are yellow, and then say, "owners of dogs that are yellow are not as good owners of other dogs - look at how their dogs turn out."
                    Oh stop with the disparaging language thing, since I never did that. And the other problem is the lack of mother child bonding with the biological mother. Which is a chemical interaction: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3289392/

Which is why I said "maybe three"
                    Right, so where there is little requirement that could just as easily fall into the step parent camp. So again, biological parents are generally better than non-biological parents.

Are you looking for something specific here? Why is this question important to you?

I think I was fairly clear that permanent mating is rare throughout the animal kingdom, for all kinds of mating pairs (homo, hetero). It is even comparatively rare among humans. Studies have shown infidelity to be as high as 70% for women and 72% for men. In the U.S., almost 50% of marriages now end in divorce. That leaves comparatively few marriages that are monogamous from start to end and lifelong.

So I have no idea what you are trying to get at...
                    Well if a man or an animal is exclusively "gay" and gayness had a strong genetic component then that gene or genes would not be passed on. So exclusive "gayness" does not exist.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

So I'm not fascinating?

Comment

So I'm not fascinating?
                        Yes.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I figured someone might say that. I go to threads, scroll down to my last post, and then read up from there in order. I didn't see Sparko's post until after I made my comment and then continued on to the next post - which was his.

Of course, you only have my word for that. The timestamps certainly make it possible that it happened as you suggest. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Yes.
                              Yes - I'm not fascinating or yes - I am fascinating?

Comment

Yes - I'm not fascinating or yes - I am fascinating?
                                Absolutely.

Comment