Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Boy Scouts now open to girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Nothing more than the continuing liberal agenda to erase traditional lines in an attempt to turn everybody into a homogeneous, genderless group.
    Another male space gone, what now???
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
      Another male space gone, what now???
      That is the goal... Maleness is evil...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        That is the goal...
        What is left of male spaces? Demi can't think of any. Military, gone. Male clubs, gone. Scouts, gone.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          That is the goal... Maleness is evil...
          No. Having been a scoutmaster, I can tell you the problem is dwindling enrollment, especially in urban and suburban settings. The BSA is just trying to increase their market, and they didn't think tapping the animal kingdom was a good idea. That leave girls, or adults.

This is just an extension of an existing move. Years ago they spun off the Scout Venturing program, which was open to older scouts (14-20, if I remember well) and is a coed program. In the the main scouting program, scouts age out on their 18th birthday.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

What is left of male spaces? Demi can't think of any. Military, gone. Male clubs, gone. Scouts, gone.
            I think the Knights of Columbus is still recruiting. You can get a free wheelchair or walker if you join...

But male-only clubs do seem to be increasingly insolvent.
            Last edited by carpedm9587; 05-04-2018, 02:18 PM.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

We could all meet in the Catacombs...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                I think the Knights of Columbus is still recruiting. You can get a free wheelchair or walker if you join...
                Demi was wondering about Catholics side, yes.

Comment

Demi was wondering about Catholics side, yes.
                  Well - you can always become a priest. That's still a male-only club.

Comment

You are happy at this, prog. Just can't keep mask on, you progs.

Well - you can always become a priest.
                    Have you thought about Crips for sons of yours? They will get masculine role model there!

Comment

probably not for long.

There is always

Comment

Only if Priests get to have a harem...

Comment

And is anyone surprised?

Source: CONDOMS REQUIRED AT SCOUTS' 24TH WORLD JAMBOREE

Rules demand distribution during coming 12-day 'camping' event

The Boy Scouts have decided to accept people who identify as gay and lesbian among their ranks. And girls are welcome now, too, into the iconic organization, which has renamed itself Scouts BSA.

So what’s next?

A mandate that condoms be made available to “all participants” of its global gathering.

It’s among the demands of the World Scout Committee for any host country of a World Scout Jamboree.

That would include the 24th World Scout Jamboree, scheduled July 21-Aug. 1, 2019, in West Virginia.

The Scouts say: “For the first time, a world jamboree will be hosted by three national Scout organizations: Scouts Canada, Asociación de Scouts de México, and the Boy Scouts of America. These three distinct cultures will join together to host the world Scouting community in a celebration of cultural exchange, mutual understanding, peace, and friendship.”

With condoms.

Commenting on the condom policy, John Stemberger, president of the Florida Family Policy Council, wrote that “it is not clear how far down the rabbit hole the Boy Scouts will continue to fall.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No. Having been a scoutmaster, I can tell you the problem is dwindling enrollment, especially in urban and suburban settings. The BSA is just trying to increase their market, and they didn't think tapping the animal kingdom was a good idea. That leave girls, or adults.

This is just an extension of an existing move. Years ago they spun off the Scout Venturing program, which was open to older scouts (14-20, if I remember well) and is a coed program. In the the main scouting program, scouts age out on their 18th birthday.
                            I'm fairly certain that, like other liberalizing moves, this one is only going to hasten its decline. The Mormons have already pulled out, and they were a significant presence.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              I'm fairly certain that, like other liberalizing moves, this one is only going to hasten its decline. The Mormons have already pulled out, and they were a significant presence.
                              Yes they were - but I can tell you that a lot of Scoutmasters resented the strangling hold the Mormon group had on what we could and could not teach the scouts. I suspect all of this will indeed spell the end of the scouts. They have a reputation of being "too right" for the left, and now they will be "too left" for the right. I suspect that will spell their end. It's too bad. I know we did a lot of good for the scouts we served in our town - and the ones who made Life or Eagle prove to be some of the most innovative and self-starting of the group. Half of them gave up their Eagle Scout status status in protest of the Scout's position on homosexuals.

Comment

Only within certain denominations.

ETA - well, lookie here....

A Roman Catholic church ordained a 70-year-old woman a priest in Louisville, Kentucky.

About 150 women from all over the world have been ordained by the Roman Catholic Church even though the church bans them from becoming priests.
                                Last edited by Cow Poke; 05-22-2018, 06:04 PM.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment