Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Might move out soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might move out soon.

I will be needing prayers and advice.
    sigpic

You have my prayers. I will hold off on advice.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

going it alone or with roomates?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        going it alone or with roomates?
        That is the first big decision.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
            I will be needing prayers and advice.
            Leave on good terms - burn no bridges!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I will be moving into an apartment complex and will most likely have a roommate. I am waiting and praying. I hope to move out on good terms.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                I will be moving into an apartment complex and will most likely have a roommate. I am waiting and praying. I hope to move out on good terms.
                Do some good homework, my friend - cost of utilities (sometimes included with rent) and any other fees or expenses.

"Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won't you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Do some good homework, my friend - cost of utilities (sometimes included with rent) and any other fees or expenses.

"Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won't you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?
                  You'll be shocked at how fast and high all those small purchases of things like toilet paper and the like can total up.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Leave on good terms - burn no bridges!
                    Good advice for ending nearly any relationship as well

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      You'll be shocked at how fast and high all those small purchases of things like toilet paper and the like can total up.
                      Even milk, eggs, butter, bread..... basic groceries. Internet, cable TV (I'm learning to do without)....

Just, over the next couple weeks, start noticing the things you enjoy / consume at home, and think about how much it costs to supply those things.

And, don't just add them up in your head - make an actual budget - income vs expenses.

(Don't do like my oldest daughter who ALWAYS assumes the best for income, including "hoped for" income that never materializes - and "rounds down" expenses)

Comment

Rental insurance.
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                          Rental insurance.
                          Almost always overlooked, though really inexpensive.

Comment

(Don't do like my oldest daughter who ALWAYS assumes the best for income, including "hoped for" income that never materializes - and "rounds down" expenses)
                            You mean That's not how it works?
                            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

In all seriousness, plan on eating in. The cheapest phone plan you need (need not want, need) the cheapest internet for your buck (were still working on that) I'm assuming at 21 your parents are still paying for health insurance, so you are lucky there. I would save as much money as you can before you move out. Plan it well. Really.
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment