Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Might move out soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The place pays for internet. Though i do have to pay utilities.

I do need to set up a food budget. I will also at some point need to get a job. I will discuss these things with my grandparents.
    sigpic

Comment

You'll also need to allow for enough money upfront to pay a security deposit (as long as you don't cause any damage you should have no trouble getting it back when you move out).
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        You'll also need to allow for enough money upfront to pay a security deposit (as long as you don't cause any damage you should have no trouble getting it back when you move out).
        Yeah, and first time utility users generally need to pay a deposit unless somebody who has utilities with that company signs for you. If you pay on time, generally you'll get that money back in 6 to 12 months.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post

I do need to set up a food budget. I will also at some point need to get a job. I will discuss these things with my grandparents.
          Do you have an Aldi near where you live? We cut our grocery bill almost in half when we started exclusively shopping there.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
            I rented way back in the 90s so I don't know how that works. But based on my experiences with hotel internet access, I'd be careful just how public your activity would be...
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Do you have an Aldi near where you live? We cut our grocery bill almost in half when we started exclusively shopping there.
              Not that I know of.
              sigpic

Comment

A couple years ago a local consumer advocate pointed out that if you buy store brands at the big grocery stores you can save just as much if you shop at Aldi.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  A couple years ago a local consumer advocate pointed out that if you buy store brands at the big grocery stores you can save just as much if you shop at Aldi.
                  Some store brands don't taste quite as good as the food products they copy, but many do. However, cold medicines, drugs, and many other things that you don't eat - you can look at the list of ingredients and the store brands have the exact same ingredients in the exact same order, but are often HALF the price.... And, in some cases, like HEB, I actually like the taste of some of the store brand foods better than national brand.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Some store brands don't taste quite as good as the food products they copy, but many do. However, cold medicines, drugs, and many other things that you don't eat - you can look at the list of ingredients and the store brands have the exact same ingredients in the exact same order, but are often HALF the price.... And, in some cases, like HEB, I actually like the taste of some of the store brand foods better than national brand.
                    The store brands are almost always made by various national brands that the store carries. For instance, if your store carries canned veggies by Birdseye and Green Giant then one of those companies is the one who also provides the store brand as well.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah. Isn't that something? I prefer Stater Brothers but I do buy generic medicines when possible. Other stuff, it depends. Store brands can be terrible.

Comment

One of the two primary grocery store chains around her (Price Chopper) has their own store brand (Best Choice) that's almost uniformly awful. Even my cats don't want to touch the cat food they make. Walmart store brands tend to be okay though.

Comment

Lol. I tried their store cola when it first came out and it was dreadful. It seems to have improved over the years. But I still prefer Coke.

Comment

One of the two primary grocery store chains around her (Price Chopper) has their own store brand (Best Choice) that's almost uniformly awful. Even my cats don't want to touch the cat food they make. Walmart store brands tend to be okay though.
                            I've noticed that, in many cases, Walmart offers their own brand and does not offer the national brand they replace.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                              Lol. I tried their store cola when it first came out and it was dreadful. It seems to have improved over the years. But I still prefer Coke.
                              Winn Dixie had a cola that was horrible. I don't know if it got better.

The point is that these grocery store chains don't have their own processing and bottling/canning/boxing centers but rather they get a company already doing it to do it for them and to stick a different label on it. It's cheaper because you're not paying for that "name brand" or the massive advertising budget that goes with it.

Comment

I remember my roomies and I way back in the day when stroke brands were just beginning, were excited to buy the fabric softener store brand. It was CHEAP....but it took practically the whole bottle to do anything.

Comment