Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks For This Post - Amen?

Thanks For This Post - Amen?

First, Tweb seems to be running smoother after Raph's tinkering - Thanks for that!

I noticed we have replaced the AMEN button with "Thanks for this post". That might stop some of the grumbling (I doubt it) from people who make dumb assumptions like, "Well, you AMEN'D that post, so you OBVIOUSLY AGREE with everything that was said, including some obscure part that may have been somewhat controversial".

"Thanks for that post" could simply mean - "I don't necessarily agree, but thanks for your thoughts..."

Amen?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I noticed that at the top right the thread has a count of amens. I'm trying to figure out if it is a total count, or the amount you've given. At the top right of this thread, it has one, and only after I gave one to you.

Edit: Make that two after mossy gave one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      I noticed that at the top right the thread has a count of amens. I'm trying to figure out if it is a total count, or the amount you've given. At the top right of this thread, it has one, and only after I gave one to you.

Edit: Make that two after mossy gave one.
      it's a total count of the Amen's given in a thread.
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

The amen button wasn't working earlier, so I guess this is an ok replacement.

Sometimes I do like a good old-fashioned hearty amen, though....

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I updated the plugin to the latest version. all the wording is correct in the background. but not showing it in the front-end

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

sorry CP, I fixed the wording.

-Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

AMEN.jpg

Hearty enough?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                sorry CP, I fixed the wording.
                It was fun while it lasted!

Back to griping, all!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Thanks For This Post - Amen?

First, Tweb seems to be running smoother after Raph's tinkering - Thanks for that!

I noticed we have replaced the AMEN button with "Thanks for this post". That might stop some of the grumbling (I doubt it) from people who make dumb assumptions like, "Well, you AMEN'D that post, so you OBVIOUSLY AGREE with everything that was said, including some obscure part that may have been somewhat controversial".

"Thanks for that post" could simply mean - "I don't necessarily agree, but thanks for your thoughts..."

Amen?
                  And there's an Amen tally at the top of the page now!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And now to bed for 3 hours sleep (that's been close to the par for the month so far. looked at my fitbit stats this morning, and last night was my first night in a month I managed to get more than 6 hours sleep)

-Ben Witherington III

Comment

Power sleep roguetech style by snoring twice as loud and twice as much. Fit 6 hrs sleep into 3.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If you were changing the wording for CP, you probably should have changed it to "Report" instead of "Amen" just to mess with him more.

Comment

yesterday I didn't have any posts hanging, today it is doing it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            If you were changing the wording for CP, you probably should have changed it to "Report" instead of "Amen" just to mess with him more.
                            Excellent.jpg

the post linked to has earned the roguetech seal of approval
                            Seal-of-approval.jpgXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Or --- "Wait, are you SURE?"

Comment