Happy Mother's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Mother's Day

Don't say I didn't warn you! It's THIS SUNDAY!

mothers day.jpg

And, I miss my Mommy.

But she's with Jesus!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

In the UK it is on the fourth Sunday of Lent.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      In the UK it is on the fourth Sunday of Lent.
      Is your mother still alive, FF? And, if so, do you see her much?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Is your mother still alive, FF? And, if so, do you see her much?
        She is 92 this year. Pretty sharp still. Me and sibs are close by so she gets visited and called daily and a trip or two each week to a cafe.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

She is 92 this year. Pretty sharp still. Me and sibs are close by so she gets visited and called daily and a trip or two each week to a cafe.
          Super. You have hereby redeemed yourself and are no longer a scum sucking bottom feeding low life degenerate.

Comment

Super. You have hereby redeemed yourself and are no longer a scum sucking bottom feeding low life degenerate.
            People function best in a family. Tweb is a sort of family too. Here in the UK, we have in Government, the concept of Her Majesty’s Most Loyal Opposition. The leader of this official opposition is currently Jeremy Corbyn. The loyalty is to the Crown (the State). The State is the family and the Government has its official opponents with the result that public opinion is informed by both sides having a strong and respected voice in Parliament.

Like it or not, I would venture to suggest that an impoverished version of this is somewhat the case in Tweb too and that your opponents are as honorable and as loyal as you are. In this view, I suppose that ‘in Christ’ signifies a political affiliation but I don’t think you would see it that way. Religious people, because of being ‘chosen’ or ‘under God’, sometimes make mistakes about hierarchies and what constitutes family or sub-families in some context. I contend that the atheist has a better understanding of the hierarchy of families and is even more ‘family’ oriented than the Christian. OR, the greater fellowship of ALL men is NOT under God.

I could go on like this, but I don’t want to overload you.

Comment

People function best in a family. Tweb is a sort of family too. Here in the UK, we have in Government, the concept of Her Majesty’s Most Loyal Opposition. The leader of this official opposition is currently Jeremy Corbyn. The loyalty is to the Crown (the State). The State is the family and the Government has its official opponents with the result that public opinion is informed by both sides having a strong and respected voice in Parliament.

Like it or not, I would venture to suggest that an impoverished version of this is somewhat the case in Tweb too and that your opponents are as honorable and as loyal as you are. In this view, I suppose that ‘in Christ’ signifies a political affiliation but I don’t think you would see it that way. Religious people, because of being ‘chosen’ or ‘under God’, sometimes make mistakes about hierarchies and what constitutes family or sub-families in some context. I contend that the atheist has a better understanding of the hierarchy of families and is even more ‘family’ oriented than the Christian. OR, the greater fellowship of ALL men is NOT under God.

I could go on like this, but I don’t want to overload you.
              I'm not here (in this thread) for debate - just anticipation of Mother's Day.

Do you call her "mum"?

Comment

I'm not here (in this thread) for debate - just anticipation of Mother's Day.

Do you call her "mum"?
                I do. I am most fortunate to belong to close and loving families (I include the ‘in-laws’) now spanning four generations.

Comment

I do. I am most fortunate to belong to close and loving families (I include the ‘in-laws’) now spanning four generations.
                  I often wish I lived closer to parents and siblings. My parents are both gone now, but it used to take an annual (or semi-annual) flight to Ohio to visit them. My brothers and sisters are scattered all over this country and Japan. My baby sister (and her husband) is coming to visit us TODAY from Ohio. We'll pick them up in Austin from the airport, then drive them to San Antonio where we will do "the River Walk" tonight, and take them to see the Alamo tomorrow, then head back to our place for a couple days.

We don't have "favorites" in our family, but if we did, she would be mine.

Comment

I miss my mom.

Comment

Sounds wonderful, CP.

Comment

Just over a day away

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there. I hope your family treats you like the queen you deserve to be - maybe even for an entire year!
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I miss my mom.
                            Ditto.

I did get to wish my godmother a Happy Mother's Day. Next week, we'll celebrate her 50th wedding anniversary.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment