Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

The Fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fog

I've been in a mental fog for a couple months now, and instead of getting better it seems to be getting worse. I mean, I'm tired all the time (literally all the time). I can function, but my mind is swimming in peanut butter all day, every day. I just have this constant, extreme fatigue--for example, my jaw got sore because of my constant yawning.

A couple possible explanations have come to mind:

1. Winter was long and unusually snowy, so my Vitamin D levels are low. This is undoubtedly a contributor, but I can't avoid the impression that there's more to it than that. Worth adding that I've been taking a substantial Vitamin D supplement for several weeks now.
    2. My exercise hasn't been great lately; but, again, I've been in that position before and that doesn't seem like enough to explain it. My fatigue has never been this bad.
    3. Dehydration--if I'm dehydrated, though, it's not by that much. I do drink a good amount of water, so this doesn't seem right, either. I eat healthy, largely avoid junk food, sugar, soda, etc.

What can cause fatigue like this? I suppose it's also possible that there's some kind of sleep disorder, but I don't usually have trouble getting to sleep and get around 8 hours a night.

Maybe it's psychological: work has been more stressful than usual lately, we have three little kids, finances, etc. I've been doing my best to power through it, but the peanut butter isn't going away. Gah I've never hated peanut butter so much.

Any ideas?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Too much sumo.

.. but seriously, see a doctor. It could be anything. Sleep apnia? do you snore at night? could be low vitamin B, low iron or even stress.

Comment

See your doctor about this. Might be hypothyroidism. I had the same symptoms last year, and that is what it turned out to be. I also had to take a vitamin D supplement because of it.

Comment

One person was describing problems of digestion which were cured by a low carb diet ... avoiding breads, among other things. What is it called? the caveman diet?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          One person was describing problems of digestion which were cured by a low carb diet ... avoiding breads, among other things. What is it called? the caveman diet?

Paleo.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            One person was describing problems of digestion which were cured by a low carb diet ... avoiding breads, among other things. What is it called? the caveperson diet?
            Right. Paleo.

Thanks mossy.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X