Politics makes me sad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politics makes me sad.

It makes me sad how in our attempts to make things better we can fail so horribly and sometimes deliberately. How we can so easily go from men to animals. It scares me. Even the things i know are righteous can be so easily twisted to turn me into a fire breathing monster who rubs salt in wounds instead of using salt to bring out flavor.

I honestly have times where i sympathize with Tolkien about such things. I like the ideals of volountary action and letting the lord be the lord of my life.

Civil discourse is hard.
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    It makes me sad how in our attempts to make things better we can fail so horribly and sometimes deliberately. How we can so easily go from men to animals. It scares me. Even the things i know are righteous can be so easily twisted to turn me into a fire breathing monster who rubs salt in wounds instead of using salt to bring out flavor.

I honestly have times where i sympathize with Tolkien about such things. I like the ideals of volountary action and letting the lord be the lord of my life.

Civil discourse is hard.
    I think we can do more for the world just by doing things in our own community than we can by voting (which isn't to say that we shouldn't vote of course).
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I try to be the self I am becoming in him. I want to live a peaceful and honorable life. I know not everyone i meet will know me in a good light. I accept that. I dont really even like myself sometimes. Still i want to live a life that is worthwhile.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        I try to be the self I am becoming in him. I want to live a peaceful and honorable life. I know not everyone i meet will know me in a good light. I accept that. I dont really even like myself sometimes. Still i want to live a life that is worthwhile.
        That is the best you can do Wall. Listen, I am a political animal, I love the debates and calling out the left. But in the end the only thing that matters is your relationship with Christ and your fellow man. I know very committed Christians who will not get involved in politics at all. I respect them for that.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

As believers we need to remember that in the grand scheme of things politics doesn't matter.

God is still on His throne, He's still in charge, and His plans aren't going to be changed by the petty machinations of mankind.

Keeping your eyes fixed on Christ is a good thing!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Politics is war. Not nice, also not pleasant, also not hugs and kisses.
            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment