Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

The Tweb Instant Pot Recipe Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a pirate and dice him up real fine and toss into melted butter.

Throw it all away since the smell indicates that pirates taste really bad. Even sharks will spit them out.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I am going to try making Sauerbraten in it.

Comment

Any way to make crispy bacon in it?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          The instructions are very polite.

OK now somebody start posting me some recipes!
          All you need is

Then turn it on.

Comment

My first recipe. I invented it myself.

Sauerbraten Stew for Instant Pot (pressure cooker)

Prep
            24 h

Cook
            1.5 h

Ingredients

2 lb. Top Round Roast cut into cubes
            1 cup Baby Carrots
            1/2 cup canned sliced mushrooms
            4 cups Red Potatoes cut into cubes
            1/2 Onion
            1/4 cup Pickling Spices

2 packages Knorr Sauerbraten Fix (gravy mix) or 2 packages of mushroom gravy
            4 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
            6 cups of water (2 for marinading, 4 for gravy)
            Cornstarch or flour (to thicken gravy)
            Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Marinade:
            Add pickling spices to 2 cups boiling water and 4 Tbs red wine vinegar and pour over stew meat. Add onion slices.
            If available, put in Foodsaver vacuum marinator and marinate for 24 hours in refrigerator
            If not, place in glass dish and marinate for 2 days in refrigerator.

Cooking:
            Drain marinade and wash off picking spices from meat, reserving the onion slices.
            Spray nonstick cooking spray in instant pot.
            Use Saute function on Instant Pot and brown the meat and onions (do it in batches to make it easier).
            At same time boil 4 cups of water on the stove and add in the Sauerbraten gravy mix.
            After browning meat and onions, add all back into pot.
            Add in the gravy.
            Seal lid making sure the pressure seal is on.
            Using the Meat/Stew function (high pressure) cook the meat for 20 minutes. Turn off pot.
            Let the pressure drain naturally for 10 minutes then release the rest using the quick release function. Open lid
            Add in potatoes, carrots and mushrooms and stir well.
            Seal lid and cook on Meat/Stew for an additional 10 minutes.
            Release pressure naturally for 10 minutes then quick release.
            Turn on saute function (medium heat) and boil for 15 or so minutes adding in corn starch or flour to thicken gravy.
            If you used mushroom gravy instead of the sauerbraten gravy mix, you may need to add in some more red wine vinegar to taste, depending on how tangy you like your sauerbraten.

makes about 8 1-cup servings.

Comment