Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

The Tweb Instant Pot Recipe Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tweb Instant Pot Recipe Thread

So I got an instant pot on sale the other day.

This thread is for Instant Pot recipes anyone would like to share. I am trying to figure out what to do with it other than as a fancy crock pot/rice cooker.
    Last edited by Sparko; 05-10-2018, 03:28 PM.

I've never heard of the device.

But with all the talk about marijuana becoming legal here this summer I automatically went there........

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

But with all the talk about marijuana becoming legal here this summer I automatically went there........

Getting ready to share your recipe for hash brownies?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Getting ready to share your recipe for hash brownies?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I get it. Secret family recipe not to be shared

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            I get it. Secret family recipe not to be shared

Sparky's gonna ban you for spamming up his thread.

Unless you have a recipe for Spam for his Instant Pot thingy.

Comment

How about squirrel fixins with day-old road kill?

Comment

Sparky's gonna ban you for spamming up his thread.

Unless you have a recipe for Spam for his Instant Pot thingy.
                Ban? Me? Ban ME?

smiley snicker.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  So I got an instant pot on sale the other day.

This thread is for Instant Pot recipes anyone would like to share. I am trying to figure out what to do with it other than as a fancy crock pot/rice cooker.
                  Some of them have a setting for making yogurt. Does yours? Do you plan on using it for that?
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

It's Canadian!

Source: https://instantpot.com/about/

Instant Brands Inc. was founded in 2009 by a team of Canadian technology veterans who set out to explore the food preparation category based on their own personal life experiences. Their objective was to find solutions that would enable busy families and professionals to prepare quality food in less time, promoting better eating and reducing the consumption of fast food.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                      Some of them have a setting for making yogurt. Does yours? Do you plan on using it for that?
                      Yeah it does have that setting. I don't know if I will use it for that. Seems like a lot of work and prep for something you can buy off the shelf much easier. You have to buy the milk, the culture, and so on to make it.

Comment

Pressure Cooker Squirrel
                        by Oldcountryboy

So when I got home I grabbed my .22 rifle and went out to the edge of my yard near a hickory nut tree and shot a old squirrel. Skinned it out, washed it up, and then in the afternoon before time to go back to school I pressure cooked it, then a quick panfry, and took it with me to school. I had the guys try it out and they couldn't believe they was eating such a delicious squirrel. They said they were defenitly going to buy a pressure cooker and start squirrel hunting more.

How to:

Sprinkle Lawry's season all on cut up peices of squirre and place in pressure cooker. Add one cup of water. Place lid on and weight on. Turn heat on to medium. When the weight starts rocking back and forth start your timer and cook for 8 minutes. If weight gets to rocking to fast, reduce the heat. You just want a gentle rocking motion.

After 8 minutes turn the heat off and let the pressure cooker cool while still on the stove. Do not remove the weight or open the lid till the cooker has cooled enough to let all the pressure off.

When the pressure has let off, remove the peices of squirrel and dip them into buttermilk and then roll them in flour that's been seasoned with more Lawry's seasoned salt and then do a quick pan fry to crisp up to a golden brown. Enjoy!

Also, don't forget to make a pan of gravy out of the grease you fried the squirrel in.
                        https://www.homesteadingtoday.com/th...icious.455623/

------------------------------
                        SQUIRREL STEW
                        1/4 c. diced bacon
                        1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
                        1 tsp. black pepper
                        2 tsp. salt
                        1 c. chopped onion
                        2 cans diced tomatoes
                        1 small can tomato paste
                        2 c. diced potatoes
                        2 c. frozen vegetables
                        2 chicken bouillon cubes
                        2 c. fresh or frozen corn
                        dash of garlic and celery salt

Cut up 3 squirrels in convenient-size pieces and place them in a large kettle; add 3 quarts of water. Bring to a boil slowly and simmer until the meat is tender (about 1 1/2 to 2 hours) or cook in a Instant Pot 30 to 45 minutes, depending on age of squirrel. REMOVE THE MEAT FROM THE BONES and put back in the water. Add bacon, cayenne, black pepper, salt, onion, tomatoes, tomato paste, potatoes and frozen vegetables. Cook for 1 hour. Then add corn and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve with corn bread.

Serves 6.
                        http://cooks.com/7f28c3d8

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/m...rrel-stew.html

Comment

Pressure Cooker Squirrel
                          by Oldcountryboy

So when I got home I grabbed my .22 rifle and went out to the edge of my yard near a hickory nut tree and shot a old squirrel. Skinned it out, washed it up, and then in the afternoon before time to go back to school I pressure cooked it, then a quick panfry, and took it with me to school. I had the guys try it out and they couldn't believe they was eating such a delicious squirrel. They said they were defenitly going to buy a pressure cooker and start squirrel hunting more.

How to:

Sprinkle Lawry's season all on cut up peices of squirre and place in pressure cooker. Add one cup of water. Place lid on and weight on. Turn heat on to medium. When the weight starts rocking back and forth start your timer and cook for 8 minutes. If weight gets to rocking to fast, reduce the heat. You just want a gentle rocking motion.

After 8 minutes turn the heat off and let the pressure cooker cool while still on the stove. Do not remove the weight or open the lid till the cooker has cooled enough to let all the pressure off.

When the pressure has let off, remove the peices of squirrel and dip them into buttermilk and then roll them in flour that's been seasoned with more Lawry's seasoned salt and then do a quick pan fry to crisp up to a golden brown. Enjoy!

Also, don't forget to make a pan of gravy out of the grease you fried the squirrel in.
                          https://www.homesteadingtoday.com/th...icious.455623/

------------------------------
                          SQUIRREL STEW
                          1/4 c. diced bacon
                          1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
                          1 tsp. black pepper
                          2 tsp. salt
                          1 c. chopped onion
                          2 cans diced tomatoes
                          1 small can tomato paste
                          2 c. diced potatoes
                          2 c. frozen vegetables
                          2 chicken bouillon cubes
                          2 c. fresh or frozen corn
                          dash of garlic and celery salt

Cut up 3 squirrels in convenient-size pieces and place them in a large kettle; add 3 quarts of water. Bring to a boil slowly and simmer until the meat is tender (about 1 1/2 to 2 hours) or cook in a Instant Pot 30 to 45 minutes, depending on age of squirrel. REMOVE THE MEAT FROM THE BONES and put back in the water. Add bacon, cayenne, black pepper, salt, onion, tomatoes, tomato paste, potatoes and frozen vegetables. Cook for 1 hour. Then add corn and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve with corn bread.

Serves 6.
                          http://cooks.com/7f28c3d8

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/m...rrel-stew.html
                          Any squirrel stupid enough to get itself turned into stew kind of deserved it. It'll improve the breeding stock for future generations of NSA. Although the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl might not agree.

Comment

It's Canadian!

Source: https://instantpot.com/about/

Instant Brands Inc. was founded in 2009 by a team of Canadian technology veterans who set out to explore the food preparation category based on their own personal life experiences. Their objective was to find solutions that would enable busy families and professionals to prepare quality food in less time, promoting better eating and reducing the consumption of fast food.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

The instructions are very polite.

OK now somebody start posting me some recipes!

Comment