Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Tweb Instant Pot Recipe Thread

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    Some of them have a setting for making yogurt. Does yours? Do you plan on using it for that?
    Yeah it does have that setting. I don't know if I will use it for that. Seems like a lot of work and prep for something you can buy off the shelf much easier. You have to buy the milk, the culture, and so on to make it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Pressure Cooker Squirrel
    by Oldcountryboy

So when I got home I grabbed my .22 rifle and went out to the edge of my yard near a hickory nut tree and shot a old squirrel. Skinned it out, washed it up, and then in the afternoon before time to go back to school I pressure cooked it, then a quick panfry, and took it with me to school. I had the guys try it out and they couldn't believe they was eating such a delicious squirrel. They said they were defenitly going to buy a pressure cooker and start squirrel hunting more.

How to:

Sprinkle Lawry's season all on cut up peices of squirre and place in pressure cooker. Add one cup of water. Place lid on and weight on. Turn heat on to medium. When the weight starts rocking back and forth start your timer and cook for 8 minutes. If weight gets to rocking to fast, reduce the heat. You just want a gentle rocking motion.

After 8 minutes turn the heat off and let the pressure cooker cool while still on the stove. Do not remove the weight or open the lid till the cooker has cooled enough to let all the pressure off.

When the pressure has let off, remove the peices of squirrel and dip them into buttermilk and then roll them in flour that's been seasoned with more Lawry's seasoned salt and then do a quick pan fry to crisp up to a golden brown. Enjoy!

Also, don't forget to make a pan of gravy out of the grease you fried the squirrel in.
    https://www.homesteadingtoday.com/th...icious.455623/

------------------------------
    SQUIRREL STEW
    1/4 c. diced bacon
    1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
    1 tsp. black pepper
    2 tsp. salt
    1 c. chopped onion
    2 cans diced tomatoes
    1 small can tomato paste
    2 c. diced potatoes
    2 c. frozen vegetables
    2 chicken bouillon cubes
    2 c. fresh or frozen corn
    dash of garlic and celery salt

Cut up 3 squirrels in convenient-size pieces and place them in a large kettle; add 3 quarts of water. Bring to a boil slowly and simmer until the meat is tender (about 1 1/2 to 2 hours) or cook in a Instant Pot 30 to 45 minutes, depending on age of squirrel. REMOVE THE MEAT FROM THE BONES and put back in the water. Add bacon, cayenne, black pepper, salt, onion, tomatoes, tomato paste, potatoes and frozen vegetables. Cook for 1 hour. Then add corn and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve with corn bread.

Serves 6.
    http://cooks.com/7f28c3d8

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/m...rrel-stew.html

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Pressure Cooker Squirrel
    by Oldcountryboy

So when I got home I grabbed my .22 rifle and went out to the edge of my yard near a hickory nut tree and shot a old squirrel. Skinned it out, washed it up, and then in the afternoon before time to go back to school I pressure cooked it, then a quick panfry, and took it with me to school. I had the guys try it out and they couldn't believe they was eating such a delicious squirrel. They said they were defenitly going to buy a pressure cooker and start squirrel hunting more.

How to:

Sprinkle Lawry's season all on cut up peices of squirre and place in pressure cooker. Add one cup of water. Place lid on and weight on. Turn heat on to medium. When the weight starts rocking back and forth start your timer and cook for 8 minutes. If weight gets to rocking to fast, reduce the heat. You just want a gentle rocking motion.

After 8 minutes turn the heat off and let the pressure cooker cool while still on the stove. Do not remove the weight or open the lid till the cooker has cooled enough to let all the pressure off.

When the pressure has let off, remove the peices of squirrel and dip them into buttermilk and then roll them in flour that's been seasoned with more Lawry's seasoned salt and then do a quick pan fry to crisp up to a golden brown. Enjoy!

Also, don't forget to make a pan of gravy out of the grease you fried the squirrel in.
    https://www.homesteadingtoday.com/th...icious.455623/

------------------------------
    SQUIRREL STEW
    1/4 c. diced bacon
    1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
    1 tsp. black pepper
    2 tsp. salt
    1 c. chopped onion
    2 cans diced tomatoes
    1 small can tomato paste
    2 c. diced potatoes
    2 c. frozen vegetables
    2 chicken bouillon cubes
    2 c. fresh or frozen corn
    dash of garlic and celery salt

Cut up 3 squirrels in convenient-size pieces and place them in a large kettle; add 3 quarts of water. Bring to a boil slowly and simmer until the meat is tender (about 1 1/2 to 2 hours) or cook in a Instant Pot 30 to 45 minutes, depending on age of squirrel. REMOVE THE MEAT FROM THE BONES and put back in the water. Add bacon, cayenne, black pepper, salt, onion, tomatoes, tomato paste, potatoes and frozen vegetables. Cook for 1 hour. Then add corn and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve with corn bread.

Serves 6.
    http://cooks.com/7f28c3d8

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/m...rrel-stew.html
    Any squirrel stupid enough to get itself turned into stew kind of deserved it. It'll improve the breeding stock for future generations of NSA. Although the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl might not agree.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's Canadian!

Source: https://instantpot.com/about/

Instant Brands Inc. was founded in 2009 by a team of Canadian technology veterans who set out to explore the food preparation category based on their own personal life experiences. Their objective was to find solutions that would enable busy families and professionals to prepare quality food in less time, promoting better eating and reducing the consumption of fast food.

© Copyright Original Source

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

5. Amen Goulette amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    The instructions are very polite.

OK now somebody start posting me some recipes!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Take a pirate and dice him up real fine and toss into melted butter.

Throw it all away since the smell indicates that pirates taste really bad. Even sharks will spit them out.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am going to try making Sauerbraten in it.

9. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Any way to make crispy bacon in it?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The instructions are very polite.

OK now somebody start posting me some recipes!
    All you need is

Then turn it on.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My first recipe. I invented it myself.

Sauerbraten Stew for Instant Pot (pressure cooker)

Prep
    24 h

Cook
    1.5 h

Ingredients

2 lb. Top Round Roast cut into cubes
    1 cup Baby Carrots
    1/2 cup canned sliced mushrooms
    4 cups Red Potatoes cut into cubes
    1/2 Onion
    1/4 cup Pickling Spices

2 packages Knorr Sauerbraten Fix (gravy mix) or 2 packages of mushroom gravy
    4 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
    6 cups of water (2 for marinading, 4 for gravy)
    Cornstarch or flour (to thicken gravy)
    Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Marinade:
    Add pickling spices to 2 cups boiling water and 4 Tbs red wine vinegar and pour over stew meat. Add onion slices.
    If available, put in Foodsaver vacuum marinator and marinate for 24 hours in refrigerator
    If not, place in glass dish and marinate for 2 days in refrigerator.

Cooking:
    Drain marinade and wash off picking spices from meat, reserving the onion slices.
    Spray nonstick cooking spray in instant pot.
    Use Saute function on Instant Pot and brown the meat and onions (do it in batches to make it easier).
    At same time boil 4 cups of water on the stove and add in the Sauerbraten gravy mix.
    After browning meat and onions, add all back into pot.
    Add in the gravy.
    Seal lid making sure the pressure seal is on.
    Using the Meat/Stew function (high pressure) cook the meat for 20 minutes. Turn off pot.
    Let the pressure drain naturally for 10 minutes then release the rest using the quick release function. Open lid
    Add in potatoes, carrots and mushrooms and stir well.
    Seal lid and cook on Meat/Stew for an additional 10 minutes.
    Release pressure naturally for 10 minutes then quick release.
    Turn on saute function (medium heat) and boil for 15 or so minutes adding in corn starch or flour to thicken gravy.
    If you used mushroom gravy instead of the sauerbraten gravy mix, you may need to add in some more red wine vinegar to taste, depending on how tangy you like your sauerbraten.

makes about 8 1-cup servings.

13. Amen mossrose, Jedidiah amen'd this post.