Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So, Corner Gas........

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    it's $12.99/month or $119/year here.

The Canadian version is only $7.99/month.

https://www.amazon.ca/amazonprime/13...2Aentries%2A=0

On Netflix, I generally watch their original series, which are pretty good. Like Stranger Things, Narcos, Lost in Space, Altered Carbon, and they just added a Dark Crystal series based on the movie.
    Actually, there is a better deal. I can pay $79 for the year, which works out to $6.58/month. A free month trial. With GST it's about $6.90/month. I wonder if there's as much difference in the programs available between US and Canada as there is with Netflix.

How do you watch it? Apple tv, which is what we have?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Actually, there is a better deal. I can pay $79 for the year, which works out to $6.58/month. A free month trial. With GST it's about $6.90/month. I wonder if there's as much difference in the programs available between US and Canada as there is with Netflix.

I have a Roku box that I use. I also have a fireTV stick from amazon (very cheap). I had an apple TV but it was version 1 and is over 5 years old. I don't think it had amazon on it. But I think it is available on the newer models.

https://www.lifewire.com/watch-amazo...ple-tv-4047602

That $79 is a good price. It also gets you lots of other perks like 2 day free shipping, free kindle books, access to the kindle prime library where you can borrow books. Photo storage.

3. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Slave for Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Was about to post a suggestion to look in the Apple Store for an Amazon Prime application, but I've seen that you already found it.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight_spam!

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes, I did a little online hunting and found the info I needed. Thanks, Sparky, and kid 'o mine.

Think we will sign up for the free trial and if we like it then we will go for the yearly rate. And might ditch Netflix.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

6. Amen The Melody Maker amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Melody Maker View Post
    Was about to post a suggestion to look in the Apple Store for an Amazon Prime application, but I've seen that you already found it.
    If the Canada Prime and Netflix don't have the same selection you could use a VPN to fake your location as being in the USA. It would work on a PC but probably not on Apple TV. The Opera browser has a VPN built into it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes, I did a little online hunting and found the info I needed. Thanks, Sparky, and kid 'o mine.

Think we will sign up for the free trial and if we like it then we will go for the yearly rate. And might ditch Netflix.
    Over here I find Netflix has better shows than Amazon Prime. But they are getting better. At least talking about their original programming.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I have a Roku box that I use. I also have a fireTV stick from amazon (very cheap). I had an apple TV but it was version 1 and is over 5 years old. I don't think it had amazon on it. But I think it is available on the newer models.

https://www.lifewire.com/watch-amazo...ple-tv-4047602

That $79 is a good price. It also gets you lots of other perks like 2 day free shipping, free kindle books, access to the kindle prime library where you can borrow books. Photo storage.
    The last couple 32" TVs I bought were Roku TVs, and has Netflix and a whole bunch of other apps native. Before that, though, I used Roku and FireTV sticks.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well, we're signed up for a free trial. And, bummer, Corner Gas is only shown by Crave in Canada, even though Prime has it in the States.

Drat!

But, there are lots of other things to see!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The last couple 32" TVs I bought were Roku TVs, and has Netflix and a whole bunch of other apps native. Before that, though, I used Roku and FireTV sticks.
    My TV in the bedroom is a TCL Roku TV. It was only $99 on sale. Great for the bedroom but the picture isn't that great. the colors seem "flat". I wouldn't get that brand for a larger version.

I was looking at smart TVs for my living room (I need a new one soon) but then I got my Roku Box and though, "you know, if you pay extra for a smart TV you can't upgrade the "smart" part without buying a new TV, but if you have a dumb TV, you can always stick on a $100 smart box and upgrade it whenever you want"

So now I am just looking for a TV with the picture and inputs that I need. If it has "smart" features, great but I don't really care if it does or not.

My Roku box has a much better picture than my fireTV stick does.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well, we're signed up for a free trial. And, bummer, Corner Gas is only shown by Crave in Canada, even though Prime has it in the States.

Drat!

But, there are lots of other things to see!
    Well that sucks.

Try the Opera browser with the VPN and see what happens. Melmak can figure it out.

13. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.