Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

So, Corner Gas........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Yes, I did a little online hunting and found the info I needed. Thanks, Sparky, and kid 'o mine.

Think we will sign up for the free trial and if we like it then we will go for the yearly rate. And might ditch Netflix.
    Over here I find Netflix has better shows than Amazon Prime. But they are getting better. At least talking about their original programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I have a Roku box that I use. I also have a fireTV stick from amazon (very cheap). I had an apple TV but it was version 1 and is over 5 years old. I don't think it had amazon on it. But I think it is available on the newer models.

https://www.lifewire.com/watch-amazo...ple-tv-4047602

That $79 is a good price. It also gets you lots of other perks like 2 day free shipping, free kindle books, access to the kindle prime library where you can borrow books. Photo storage.
      The last couple 32" TVs I bought were Roku TVs, and has Netflix and a whole bunch of other apps native. Before that, though, I used Roku and FireTV sticks.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well, we're signed up for a free trial. And, bummer, Corner Gas is only shown by Crave in Canada, even though Prime has it in the States.

Drat!

But, there are lots of other things to see!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          The last couple 32" TVs I bought were Roku TVs, and has Netflix and a whole bunch of other apps native. Before that, though, I used Roku and FireTV sticks.
          My TV in the bedroom is a TCL Roku TV. It was only $99 on sale. Great for the bedroom but the picture isn't that great. the colors seem "flat". I wouldn't get that brand for a larger version.

I was looking at smart TVs for my living room (I need a new one soon) but then I got my Roku Box and though, "you know, if you pay extra for a smart TV you can't upgrade the "smart" part without buying a new TV, but if you have a dumb TV, you can always stick on a $100 smart box and upgrade it whenever you want"

So now I am just looking for a TV with the picture and inputs that I need. If it has "smart" features, great but I don't really care if it does or not.

My Roku box has a much better picture than my fireTV stick does.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Well, we're signed up for a free trial. And, bummer, Corner Gas is only shown by Crave in Canada, even though Prime has it in the States.

Drat!

But, there are lots of other things to see!
            Well that sucks.

Try the Opera browser with the VPN and see what happens. Melmak can figure it out.

Comment

My TV in the bedroom is a TCL Roku TV. It was only $99 on sale. Great for the bedroom but the picture isn't that great. the colors seem "flat". I wouldn't get that brand for a larger version.

I was looking at smart TVs for my living room (I need a new one soon) but then I got my Roku Box and though, "you know, if you pay extra for a smart TV you can't upgrade the "smart" part without buying a new TV, but if you have a dumb TV, you can always stick on a $100 smart box and upgrade it whenever you want"

So now I am just looking for a TV with the picture and inputs that I need. If it has "smart" features, great but I don't really care if it does or not.

My Roku box has a much better picture than my fireTV stick does.
              Yeah, and I wired my whole house with HDMI to every TV location from a central location - the 8 port switch is in the wiring closet, but the "input" goes back to the bookshelves beside the living room TV. So whatever plays on that location can be distributed to every TV through the house, garage, workshop. I'm looking at the Amazon Fire Cube?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well that sucks.

Try the Opera browser with the VPN and see what happens. Melmak can figure it out.

Chuck isn't on it, either.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                    That looks eerily familiar.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                      All rigggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt!

Comment