Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

So, Corner Gas........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    We've sadly just discovered this great show. We're sorry we didn't realize it was so great when it was actually running.

Anybody else like?
    I enjoyed watching it when it was on, being a Saskatchewan resident myself. Occasionally, we drove through Rouleau and saw the Gas Station and the Ruby (which sadly aren't there anymore).
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Found a map of the "Dog River" area of Rouleau.

https://www.cornergas.com/tourist-attraction/
      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
        Found a map of the "Dog River" area of Rouleau.

https://www.cornergas.com/tourist-attraction/
        Google street view:
        https://www.google.com/maps/@50.1926...7i13312!8i6656

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Sure looks like Saskatchewan.

I think CV said the building isn't there anymore.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I also notice there's NO CORN!!!!!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I think CV said the building isn't there anymore.
              Being the only "building" in the series that was built specifically as a production set, it eventually fell into disrepair and became no longer safe for public use so it was torn down in late 2016...

https://www.cornergas.com/walkingtour/vsspi/
              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

Fight spam!

Comment

Mossy, is the episode that you saw with the sidewalk?

Coming Distractions
                Part 1
                Part 2
                Part 3
                Last edited by The Melody Maker; 07-08-2018, 03:12 PM.
                ~ Russell ("MelMak")

Fight spam!

Comment

Yes!!!

Best one!
                  Last edited by mossrose; 06-25-2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I am sad that it isn't on Netflix. Would like to watch it from the beginning instead of hit and miss reruns on tv.

It's refreshing to see a show that's clean, with no cursing or use of the Lord's name.
                    It is now on Amazon Prime:

https://www.amazon.com/Ruby-Reborn/d...t-video&sr=1-1

Comment

OK I am mostly through the first season.

At first I didn't really like it, but it is starting to grow on me.

I think Oscar and Hank are the funniest. Brent seems to have zero acting skill whatsoever and sounds like he is reading his lines from a cue-card. He is not funny. Even as the straight man. Very flat and monotone.

Comment

The series has gotten a lot better with season 3 forward.

So far my favorite one is when Hank decides to become a rodeo clown.

Did you know there is a animated series now?
                        https://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/Shows/CornerGasAnimated

I can't get it here in the USA.

Comment

The series has gotten a lot better with season 3 forward.

So far my favorite one is when Hank decides to become a rodeo clown.

Did you know there is a animated series now?
                          https://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/Shows/CornerGasAnimated

I can't get it here in the USA.
                          We watched a few of the animated ones. Not as good as the series.

There is also a movie, which is cute.

Comment

We watched a few of the animated ones. Not as good as the series.

There is also a movie, which is cute.
                            Yeah I have the movie on my queue on Amazon Prime too. I am currently on season 4. I watch a couple of episodes a night.

I still think Oscar and Hank are the funniest. Brent's acting has gotten better from season 1, or maybe I am just getting used to him.

Did you know that he and the woman who plays Wanda are married to each other? I saw that on IMDB when I was looking it up. They apparently got married to each other during the filming of the show, says they were married in 2005

Comment

Yeah I have the movie on my queue on Amazon Prime too. I am currently on season 4. I watch a couple of episodes a night.

I still think Oscar and Hank are the funniest. Brent's acting has gotten better from season 1, or maybe I am just getting used to him.

Did you know that he and the woman who plays Wanda are married to each other? I saw that on IMDB when I was looking it up. They apparently got married to each other during the filming of the show, says they were married in 2005
                              We did know about the marriage. We also know that the actress who plays Emma died, and someone else voices her in the animations. I think she's in the movie, though.

We watched a movie last week with Brett in it as the main character and he was the same as he is in CG. I think it's just his style. Very deadpan but the humour comes across through that.

We have never seen the series from beginning to end. Reruns are hit and miss regarding episode order, and they seem to play the same few seasons over and over. I really wish we could get it on Netflix. Canadian Netflix is stupid.

Comment

We did know about the marriage. We also know that the actress who plays Emma died, and someone else voices her in the animations. I think she's in the movie, though.

We watched a movie last week with Brett in it as the main character and he was the same as he is in CG. I think it's just his style. Very deadpan but the humour comes across through that.

We have never seen the series from beginning to end. Reruns are hit and miss regarding episode order, and they seem to play the same few seasons over and over. I really wish we could get it on Netflix. Canadian Netflix is stupid.
                                It's not on netflix. It's on Amazon Prime video.

Comment