Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

So, Corner Gas........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    It's not on netflix. It's on Amazon Prime video.
    Yeah. Canadian Netflix is still stupid.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

OK I am mostly through the first season.

At first I didn't really like it, but it is starting to grow on me.

I think Oscar and Hank are the funniest. Brent seems to have zero acting skill whatsoever and sounds like he is reading his lines from a cue-card. He is not funny. Even as the straight man. Very flat and monotone.
      But he's the creator of the show!!! Mrs CP and I watched it, she said it was too dumb, she wasn't watching it anymore.

(she's not known for her sense of humor)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        But he's the creator of the show!!! Mrs CP and I watched it, she said it was too dumb, she wasn't watching it anymore.

It really pokes gentle fun at rural Canada. But nobody I've talked to seems offended by it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Yeah. Canadian Netflix is still stupid.
          so you don't have Amazon Prime?

I use Amazon so much it is worth the cost to get the free 2 day shipping. The video streaming is a bonus.

Comment

Yeah I know he is the creator, but his acting skills are not very good. But they got better as the show went on. The first season was the worst. Seemed like the timing was off on all of the jokes.

Comment

so you don't have Amazon Prime?

I use Amazon so much it is worth the cost to get the free 2 day shipping. The video streaming is a bonus.
              Don't have it. Might look into it. What do you pay for a year? We are currently paying $10 month for non HD Netflix and the shows really are stupid and there are hardly any new movies or even old ones that aren't foreign language.

Comment

Yeah I know he is the creator, but his acting skills are not very good. But they got better as the show went on. The first season was the worst. Seemed like the timing was off on all of the jokes.

He did start off in standup, so maybe he did have to work into the acting part.

Comment

Don't have it. Might look into it. What do you pay for a year? We are currently paying $10 month for non HD Netflix and the shows really are stupid and there are hardly any new movies or even old ones that aren't foreign language.
                  it's $12.99/month or $119/year here.

The Canadian version is only $7.99/month.

https://www.amazon.ca/amazonprime/13...2Aentries%2A=0

On Netflix, I generally watch their original series, which are pretty good. Like Stranger Things, Narcos, Lost in Space, Altered Carbon, and they just added a Dark Crystal series based on the movie.

Comment

I just figured that was his character. Like, to me, the goofy guy is WAY too goofy, and the Police Sergeant is a bit too "on the dumb side".
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I just figured that was his character. Like, to me, the goofy guy is WAY too goofy, and the Police Sergeant is a bit too "on the dumb side".
                      You ex-cop, you.

Comment

it's $12.99/month or $119/year here.

The Canadian version is only $7.99/month.

https://www.amazon.ca/amazonprime/13...2Aentries%2A=0

On Netflix, I generally watch their original series, which are pretty good. Like Stranger Things, Narcos, Lost in Space, Altered Carbon, and they just added a Dark Crystal series based on the movie.
                        Actually, there is a better deal. I can pay $79 for the year, which works out to $6.58/month. A free month trial. With GST it's about $6.90/month. I wonder if there's as much difference in the programs available between US and Canada as there is with Netflix.

How do you watch it? Apple tv, which is what we have?

Comment

Actually, there is a better deal. I can pay $79 for the year, which works out to $6.58/month. A free month trial. With GST it's about $6.90/month. I wonder if there's as much difference in the programs available between US and Canada as there is with Netflix.

I have a Roku box that I use. I also have a fireTV stick from amazon (very cheap). I had an apple TV but it was version 1 and is over 5 years old. I don't think it had amazon on it. But I think it is available on the newer models.

https://www.lifewire.com/watch-amazo...ple-tv-4047602

That $79 is a good price. It also gets you lots of other perks like 2 day free shipping, free kindle books, access to the kindle prime library where you can borrow books. Photo storage.

Comment

Was about to post a suggestion to look in the Apple Store for an Amazon Prime application, but I've seen that you already found it.
                            ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Yes, I did a little online hunting and found the info I needed. Thanks, Sparky, and kid 'o mine.

Think we will sign up for the free trial and if we like it then we will go for the yearly rate. And might ditch Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                                Was about to post a suggestion to look in the Apple Store for an Amazon Prime application, but I've seen that you already found it.
                                If the Canada Prime and Netflix don't have the same selection you could use a VPN to fake your location as being in the USA. It would work on a PC but probably not on Apple TV. The Opera browser has a VPN built into it.

Comment