Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 363

Thread: Abortion Is Equal To Murder?

  1. #1
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24,310
    Amen (Given)
    1627
    Amen (Received)
    4888

    Abortion Is Equal To Murder?

    This is a syllogism by a cyber friend from New Zealand, Bnonn Tennant. I think the logic is solid.

    1.It is wrong to kill another human being for personal reasons (because it is murder)

    2.A human zygote or fetus is a human being

    3.Therefore, it is wrong to kill a human zygote or fetus for personal reasons

    https://bnonn.com/why-abortion-is-ir...ent-to-murder/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  2. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
  3. #2
    tWebber lee_merrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,120
    Amen (Given)
    341
    Amen (Received)
    172
    Yes, this is true, may the Lord have mercy on us, and may he stop this.

    Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

  4. Amen seer amen'd this post.
  5. #3
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,951
    Amen (Given)
    17
    Amen (Received)
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    This is a syllogism by a cyber friend from New Zealand, Bnonn Tennant. I think the logic is solid.

    1.It is wrong to kill another human being for personal reasons (because it is murder)

    2.A human zygote or fetus is a human being

    3.Therefore, it is wrong to kill a human zygote or fetus for personal reasons

    https://bnonn.com/why-abortion-is-ir...ent-to-murder/
    Tosh and nonsense, sentimental garbage of the first order. Human beings are air breathing. A zygote has zero intrinsic value. The anti-abortion movement has always and forever been about punishing women for having sex outside of marriage - punishment they do not visit on the men involved.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  6. #4
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Land of the Large Atmosphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,471
    Amen (Given)
    1392
    Amen (Received)
    3903
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Tosh and nonsense, sentimental garbage of the first order. Human beings are air breathing. A zygote has zero intrinsic value. The anti-abortion movement has always and forever been about punishing women for having sex outside of marriage - punishment they do not visit on the men involved.
    What definition of "human being" are you using to restrict it to air breathing?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

  7. #5
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,951
    Amen (Given)
    17
    Amen (Received)
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    What definition of "human being" are you using to restrict it to air breathing?
    If a pregnant woman flies on an airliner, does she buy two tickets or just one? To be a human being you need at least to be born. Before that, it is someone’s pregnancy and is not a thing of itself in the world among the other animals.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  8. #6
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24,310
    Amen (Given)
    1627
    Amen (Received)
    4888
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Tosh and nonsense, sentimental garbage of the first order. Human beings are air breathing. A zygote has zero intrinsic value. The anti-abortion movement has always and forever been about punishing women for having sex outside of marriage - punishment they do not visit on the men involved.
    So a human zygote is not, well, human?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  9. #7
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24,310
    Amen (Given)
    1627
    Amen (Received)
    4888
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    If a pregnant woman flies on an airliner, does she buy two tickets or just one? To be a human being you need at least to be born. Before that, it is someone’s pregnancy and is not a thing of itself in the world among the other animals.
    That is just stupid FF, even for you. Do you really believe that a baby one day away from birth is not human? What is it? A plant?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  10. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
  11. #8
    Thread Killer QuantaFille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thulcandra
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,414
    Amen (Given)
    581
    Amen (Received)
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    If a pregnant woman flies on an airliner, does she buy two tickets or just one? To be a human being you need at least to be born. Before that, it is someone’s pregnancy and is not a thing of itself in the world among the other animals.
    A woman with an infant likewise buys only one ticket. Does that mean an infant isn't a human being, either?
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

  12. #9
    Thread Killer QuantaFille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thulcandra
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,414
    Amen (Given)
    581
    Amen (Received)
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    (...)punishment they do not visit on the men involved.
    Do you think men should be able to opt out of paying child support? And how is it "punishment" to leave a child you don't want in the custody of the state? She doesn't have to even look at the child again if she doesn't want to. Nobody is forcing her to raise a child she didn't intend to have. Men are forced to pay for the care of children they never intended to have, and they can't opt out.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

  13. #10
    Thread Killer QuantaFille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thulcandra
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,414
    Amen (Given)
    581
    Amen (Received)
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    That is just stupid FF, even for you. Do you really believe that a baby one day away from birth is not human? What is it? A plant?
    It's a blob of tissue up until then, which magically and instantaneously transforms into a fully formed infant on the way through the birth canal.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •