Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I Got Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got Issues

One of them is sometimes knowing danged well I'm not supposed to be like that but feeling like I'm right anyway.

You know what I mean - Christians are supposed to be DIFFERENT - so different in fact that it makes others curious about out Savior. Able to turn the other cheek - bearing insult. Able to love where we are hated. Able to leap capitol T with a single bound... er, wait, that's Letterman*...

Wary as vipers - harmless as doves - only somehow we're getting wary as doves, harmless as vipers when we translate from Sunday School to Monday Morning.

And don't get me started about forums and Facebook...

Why is it we get so hung up on being right that we can't debate truth civilly? Why do we get all bent out of shape 'cause someone called us a name?

Jesus didn't. Oh sure, He was no push over - but He also wasn't a bully - not even close. Yet we find ourselves crossing that line as if it were a hopscotch board. Why?

Issues, yeah - but that's just excuse. Following Jesus ain't for wimps. It means doing the tough stuff - like not winning every battle, not taking care of Number One, loving enemies, caring about annoying people, and loving others the same way you love yourself.

So, do you talk to yourself that way? Me neither. It's an issue - and it needs to go. Because my job is to follow Him - and any issues getting in the way are just gonna have to get out of the way.

We got a lot of work on me, Lord...

*Electric Company
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Look up Dee-1's song "I'm not perfect".
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Everyone has issues some are just far more open about it.
      sigpic

Comment

My issues got issues.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

There is a saying, "Please Be Patient With Me, God Is Not Finished With Me Yet." PBPWMGINFWMY
          Last edited by 37818; 05-15-2018, 02:12 PM.
          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            My issues got issues.
            I have issues with my issues having issues!
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X