Thread: I Got Issues

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I Got Issues

One of them is sometimes knowing danged well I'm not supposed to be like that but feeling like I'm right anyway.

You know what I mean - Christians are supposed to be DIFFERENT - so different in fact that it makes others curious about out Savior. Able to turn the other cheek - bearing insult. Able to love where we are hated. Able to leap capitol T with a single bound... er, wait, that's Letterman*...

Wary as vipers - harmless as doves - only somehow we're getting wary as doves, harmless as vipers when we translate from Sunday School to Monday Morning.

And don't get me started about forums and Facebook...

Why is it we get so hung up on being right that we can't debate truth civilly? Why do we get all bent out of shape 'cause someone called us a name?

Jesus didn't. Oh sure, He was no push over - but He also wasn't a bully - not even close. Yet we find ourselves crossing that line as if it were a hopscotch board. Why?

Issues, yeah - but that's just excuse. Following Jesus ain't for wimps. It means doing the tough stuff - like not winning every battle, not taking care of Number One, loving enemies, caring about annoying people, and loving others the same way you love yourself.

So, do you talk to yourself that way? Me neither. It's an issue - and it needs to go. Because my job is to follow Him - and any issues getting in the way are just gonna have to get out of the way.

We got a lot of work on me, Lord...

*Electric Company

2. Amen JimL, TheWall amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Look up Dee-1's song "I'm not perfect".

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Everyone has issues some are just far more open about it.

5. Amen Rushing Jaws amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My issues got issues.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

7. Amen TheWall, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There is a saying, "Please Be Patient With Me, God Is Not Finished With Me Yet." PBPWMGINFWMY
    Last edited by 37818; 05-15-2018 at 07:12 PM.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

9. Amen Teallaura, Rushing Jaws amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    My issues got issues.
    I have issues with my issues having issues!