Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Muslim Won't "Wax" Transgender Male

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim Won't "Wax" Transgender Male

So what is the problem? They don't wax males, and this guy is a male... Never mind the position this Muslim woman was put in...

A Windsor business specializing in body hair removal is facing a Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario complaint after the alleged denial of service to a transgender woman.

The complainant seeks compensation in the amount of $50,000 for “immense harm to my dignity,” according to the complaint filed through the tribunal.

The complainant indicates in the application that she contacted Mad Wax in Windsor in March to inquire about getting her legs waxed. She says she also asked whether Transgender women were welcome for waxing services. After a conversation with the employee, she was told the manager would follow up.

When the manager, Jason Carruthers returned her call, the complainant alleges he advised that Mad Wax does not provide waxing services to men and that his ‘waxer’ is a Muslim woman who is not comfortable waxing male parts. Carruthers also indicated no other staffwere available to perform the request.

The complainant claims to have offered to educate the manager on his duty to accommodate, then sought waxing services elsewhere.

https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/human-rig...r&_gsc=2lV42Ii
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

So if she doesn't wax man parts, and this person still had man parts, then I see no problem. It is a genital thing.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      So what is the problem? They don't wax males, and this guy is a male... Never mind the position this Muslim woman was put in...
      That's a pretty clear example of "entitlement" and bigotry.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It's obviously this, um, "woman's" constitutional right to force a woman to comply and wax his/her genitalia regardless of her religious beliefs.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          So if she doesn't wax man parts, and this person still had man parts, then I see no problem. It is a genital thing.
          he jus
          He was informed that there wasn't anyone available to wax his male parts. Just because one claims to be female doesn't make one female no matter how one feels. He also new that no one could provide services, it really seems like he was trying to set this place up for failure. His dignity wasn't actually injured, he just has zero respect for the religion of others.
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The article linked in the OP refers to leg-waxing?
            Last edited by Sparko; 05-15-2018, 02:42 PM. Reason: oops. accidentally hit edit instead of reply.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              The article linked in the OP refers to leg-waxing?
              I believe it is a problem for a muslim woman to touch a man unless he is her husband. So the fact that this gentlemen calls himself a woman doesn't mean much if "she" still has male parts. As far as muslims were concerned, and biologists as well, this person was a male.

Comment

I believe it is a problem for a muslim woman to touch a man unless he is her husband. So the fact that this gentlemen calls himself a woman doesn't mean much if "she" still has male parts. As far as muslims were concerned, and biologists as well, this person was a male.
                In that case he is wasting his time asking for compensation.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

You think that is going to stop the Human Rights Tribunal from coming down on these people?
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

You think that is going to stop the Human Rights Tribunal from coming down on these people?
                    I wonder. This isn't pushover Christians. This is Islam, the religion of tossing gays off of roofs and who put out hits on people who draw cartoons of Mohammad.

Comment

I doubt they will come down too hard. These are Muslims after all.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        I doubt they will come down too hard. These are Muslims after all.
                        Right we have two protected classes at each other - what will the leftists do?

Comment

So how long before this Muslim is forced out of business because of discrimination?
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            So how long before this Muslim is forced out of business because of discrimination?
                            The non-Muslim employer will lose his business, and the Muslim employee will find another job in another establishment with no black marks on her name or reputation.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Um, you DO know what waxing is, right? I'm pretty sure he wasn't asking to be sent to the hospital...
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment